Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 06:01 PM

1,180 posts, read 778,147 times

Advertisements

Awww , thanks.

You're OK, Karen. I really do feel for you about your cat, too. I wish I was Jesus to let him frollick again. I would cry in a ball on the ground if I think too long about my precious, precious boy. He looked at me with such unconditional love until the end. I'm crying already.

Let me clock in to Job 2. I'll read later. I'm really trying to make a change.

I see my remaining meows on Christmas. They aren't my precious rescue who is now waiting for me, watching me, and I WILL make him PROUD! Just me and him.. But they are still good little furballs They help me. I wish I could get them ADA certified.

Later. We're ok. And I am one minute late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 12:41 AM

619 posts, read 575,514 times
Hi, I get it that you're limited in what you can eat due to your living situation (and I assume money is limited too?) it's not easy eating healthy on a budget when you don't have kitchen facilities. For example, I'm on a tight budget but I can make lentil Stewart or split pea soup for pennies per serving and its healthy and filling.

I think McDonald's and other fast food is garbage. Maybe cheap and tasty(though that's a matter of opinion) but healthy it's not. If you have a grocery store near you, better options would be:
*instant oatmeal or even a single serving of cheerios (cost about $1 usually) with yogurt or milk and banana.
*whole grain roll with single serving of hummus or a few slices of cheese
*hard boiled eggs with roll

Old 12-15-2016, 05:09 AM

649 posts, read 817,019 times
I think people don't realize how hard it is to even GET enough calories for a day with $2 or $3 bucks in your pocket and no place to cook. Minimarts/microwaves are great if you have $$$, you can get a hardboiled egg, banana, yogurt but not for the same amount of money as two of anything from McD dollar menu. This is a problem that totally underscores what is wrong with the modern american food system.

My advice would be just keep on keeping on until you can get your own roof over your head. Then you can kale-it-up. Once you can cook you can actually save money on food by buying in bigger quanitities.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:54 AM

Cool.

OK, so. I did just wake up. Have not done or eaten anything yet. I have a bag of Jack Link's Beef Jerky left. I can buy two bags for about $7.19 (total for both) and that has basically been my breakfast, for the past week or so. Except for yesterday, when I THOUGHT I needed calories for my workout, I am confused as to whether I am doing more reps, more times, less weight for cardio/weight loss including the swimming... Or, lifting the weights as heavy as I can handle, to do my arms. I also do a LOT of sit-ups not crunches when they have the machine set up with the things to do my legs.

Definitely did eat under or not more than 2000 calories yesterday.

Today is a new day...

?

(I have also been attempting to keep unrefrigerated food things in my locker at work. Without too much living at the job, or having anyone say something. One side is sympathetic, one side is the polar opposite as to the two "sides" and groups of people at my job. I have two.)

Old 12-15-2016, 07:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
It is better to eat the whole actual fruit such as an Orange vs "juice," right?

Yes, absolutely.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:26 AM

Ate so far:

Round UP: 240 calories.

Next is to buy the Gatorade Electrolyte thing to put in my water... And two more Beef Jerky as per the sale, and ONE MILKY WAY to burn off today.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, absolutely.
Awesome.

I should invest in the Tupperware and actual knife to keep in my work locker, to eat oranges.

How about actual Red Seedless Grapes?

Old 12-15-2016, 07:41 AM

Oh, and the Gatorade Recovery After Workout shake is on clearance for $1.10 a bottle. Yes!

Will encourage me to work out as hard as possible.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:28 AM

Update: No Milky Way, or shake today.

I have ONLY had one bag of Beef Jerky and one bottle of Body Armor drink.

Now, one cup of Broccoli Cheddar soup...

Old 12-15-2016, 02:44 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
I dont have the ability to cook food. I dont live in a standard living unit.

That said, I am actively endeavoring to eat healthy... Or, healthiER.

My sodium may be high, yes.... I drink much water...

Next question: Is sodium really bad for you? I read many things and do not know what is real...

If I can remain at these 1600 calories... Then I created a calorie deficit...

Asking and sharing in the interests of fitness...

You said you're striving to eat healthy(er) but nothing you've listed is healthy. Yes sodium is that bad for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness