Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 11:42 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,560,426 times

Advertisements

I am now really good at doing deep squats, even while balancing on a rocker board or a bosu ball. Much to my surprise my leg and core strength has improved to the point that I am starting to be able to do my version of a pistol squat on a solid surface and I have some questions about correct form.

Right now, I start with a standard squat and then extend out my right leg as I go into a deep squat and maintain my balance on my left leg. I can hold this position for about 20 seconds before I come back up to a starting position.

The u-tube videos seem to show extending your leg before you start your squat (can't do that yet) and never seem to show how long you should be able to stay in the deep squat before you come back up to the starting position.

So, when doing a pistol squat how long do you maintain your position in a deep squat before you return to the start position? Should my goal be just a few seconds? A minute? Longer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness