Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:32 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times

Advertisements

So, there's this little area on my arm that's near my arm pit that just isn't getting defined. The rest of my arms are pretty firm and muscular. I strive very hard not to have "bat wings" and I don't, but there's this stubborn pinch of flesh. I'm kind of a perfectionist and it looks weird to me having toned arms and then having that little pinch of flesh. Losing weight didn't do anything to that area so weights are what's needed to fix that. I assume it's one of the heads of the triceps and if that's the case, what exercise should I do? I do tri pull downs, extensions and then triceps get hit when I do combo lifts. Obviously none of those exercises are hitting this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 11:03 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Sorry to say you will either have to live with it or get plastic surgery. You can do tricep exercises, which should be done anyway, and they may help what you need help with, but probably notes much as you want. Shoulder exercises can help balance out how your arms look. But be careful with those. Always go light - its crazy easy to tear a rotator cuff.
Women unfortunately have stubborn extra skin in that area. It is especially troublesome if you have recently lost weight. It is the one area that just does not snap back. When I was really into lifting and I was in my best shape with very little body fat I still had the extra skin. It drove me nuts. My suggestion is do what you can and learn to accept the parts that just won't change. And know also, that you are in good company with this problem area.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:47 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Sorry to say you will either have to live with it or get plastic surgery. You can do tricep exercises, which should be done anyway, and they may help what you need help with, but probably notes much as you want. Shoulder exercises can help balance out how your arms look. But be careful with those. Always go light - its crazy easy to tear a rotator cuff.
Women unfortunately have stubborn extra skin in that area. It is especially troublesome if you have recently lost weight. It is the one area that just does not snap back. When I was really into lifting and I was in my best shape with very little body fat I still had the extra skin. It drove me nuts. My suggestion is do what you can and learn to accept the parts that just won't change. And know also, that you are in good company with this problem area.
100% agree. ^^^^ Sorry to say it is what it is. I have it too, and nothing has changed it. And I have very slim arms.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Model Chrissy Teigan got armpit lipo!

Chrissy Teigen Admits to Getting Liposuction on Her Armpits

Old 07-04-2017, 09:02 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
U, a combination of delt excercise and triceps help.

Try palm out planks, with a close to body grip, then go for palm out push ups, targeting mostly the back of the arms, triceps.

If arms, shoulders and back are good and toned, its all in your head. You ARE your worse critic!

Try hitting the chin up bars, or start a kettle bell programs as well.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:50 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times
There is no such thing as spot reduction. If you have fat under your arms, you have to lose it. Not sure what your current height/weight are. Your body does not lose fat equally in all places and this may be the last place your body is storing it.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
There is no such thing as spot reduction. If you have fat under your arms, you have to lose it. Not sure what your current height/weight are. Your body does not lose fat equally in all places and this may be the last place your body is storing it.
Yeah I know that. I'm actually at a good weight/body fat %. I've already lost five additional pounds even though I really don't have to at this point and it didn't change a thing. And that's the rub..I have very very little fat under my arms or on the arms in general. They are mostly muscle, including my tris. Nothing is squishy. It's just this one little annoying spot that mars otherwise nice arms and I'm wondering if I am not exercising the complete tricep and missing a spot so to speak.

Lucky...yeah you're probably right, lol.

Jade408 ... lol

Kapikap thanks. And you're right but if there's anyone who's gonna pick me apart it's gonna be me lol. It's just that like I said it's just this annoying spot

Old 07-05-2017, 12:10 AM

50 posts, read 35,270 times
You mean exercises to get rid of armpit fat?

Last edited by CarrieStone2; 07-05-2017 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: needs to enter break

Old 07-05-2017, 09:51 AM

carriestone2 - I do chest press, lifting 30-35 lbs dumbbells. Great for my pecs but not even hitting the armpit area. Maybe I'll do more flies and the staggered push up (I've done those before but they fell out of the rotation as I have limited time.)

I know it's such an insignificant area, but when you're lifting, you want everything to be muscular. But maybe the PP is right, that's where the fat is gonna fall and I might as well accept it or surgery.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:14 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Chin ups, elevated push ups (ie feet on bench, palms down on dumb bells), dips all hit that area nicely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness