Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 04:22 PM

190 posts, read 128,960 times

Advertisements

"your not doing it right"

Please, I did not ask you.

I was pulling the "tricep pulldown" all the way from the top instead of with my elbows at my side and along comes a Mr "your not doing it right."

I am doing it right because what I am doing is pulling then pushing it down to simulate the move that's required to go from the water back on to the boat ! Pull yourself up then push down and your on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 06:23 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,458,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
"your not doing it right"

Some years ago, I was working out with a bodybuilder doing an arm routine. A couple of your normal everyday workout for health guys (I think they were envious of his physique) came over to us and said to him "You're swinging on the curls. Shouldn't you be teaching the exercise in a straight position?" He looked at me and said "Do you want arms like theirs or do you want arms like mine?" I said "well like yours of course." And he said "Well then keep on doing the curls the way we are doing them."

Awesome! Priceless!

Old 12-26-2018, 10:15 AM

774 posts, read 1,048,501 times
No one individual, just the many that are inconsiderate of others.
A few examples:

1. We have a floor area for stretching, core work, etc. In one corner is a stand holding mats. Inevitably someone will park themselves right in front of the stand so its nearly impossible to get your own.

2. In the same general area there is a row of machines fairly close together (with only a few with enough space to walk between). So of course, someone always seems to place themselves in front of the biggest gaps.

3. And then of course there's the people who put their stuff on one machine while using another. I've noticed one guy recently who likes to put his towel and water bottle on one treadmill while he uses another. WTF? Why would anyone even do that?

4. Also the ones that don't put equipment back where it belongs, whether its dumbbells, mats, etc.

5. The last one is the amount of clothing and other articles (water bottles, towels,etc.) left strewn all over the place. From the counters in the gym area to the locker room, stuff is everywhere. I guess this one is directed at the gym more than any individual. If the same shirt or jacket is left on the counter or maybe on the coat rack for days, you'd think the gym personnel would pick it up. Same thing with unlocked lockers that have same clothes in them for weeks on end.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:10 PM

9,383 posts, read 8,354,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djplourd View Post

1. We have a floor area for stretching, core work, etc. In one corner is a stand holding mats. Inevitably someone will park themselves right in front of the stand so its nearly impossible to get your own.
Same issue in our gym. I don't use these mats often but when I do you can bet some jackarse is plopped down directly in front of them. I no longer say "excuse me" when stepping around them, I just bulldoze my way around them and then drop the mat nearby them if they haven't moved when I'm done.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,316,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Who is the most annoying person at your gym, and what does he or she do that's so annoying?

I thought that this might be an interesting thread.

In mine, it's a lady who boxes. My gym has a large cardio room (with bikes, treadmills and elliptical equipment), and then a large room that is totally empty, separated from the cardio room by a see-through wall and a door. Most people who do boxing go to the large empty room and close the door.

But one lady? She does boxing in the middle of the cardio room, even while the vacant room is right next door. She also dribbles a ball while waiting for her personal trainer and moans when she boxes. It's really distracting.

Love to hear about the most annoying person in YOUR gym!
It's more like "annoying people" rather than "annoying person." At my gym, the most annoying people (at least to me) are the wannabe tough-guys who strut around as if they are the baddest things on the planet. These guys are typically in the 17-24 year-old age bracket (although there are a few middle-aged guys who do that as well -- they are all muscular guys, of course). Something about that cocky, arrogant, tough-guy posturing that bugs me. I guess it just seems so immature and junior high school-ish in my opinion. Bu these guys often walk around puffing out their chests and walking around as if they own the gym. I actually go out of my way to be a bit antagonistic to these types; I love to sort of give it back to them a bit. I'm the friendliest guy around, but I just can't stand guys like this. And all the gyms that I have ever frequented never seem to be lacking in these types. The guys with tattoos and mean looks on their faces and muscles -- that whole "I'm a bad boy" persona.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
It's more like "annoying people" rather than "annoying person." At my gym, the most annoying people (at least to me) are the wannabe tough-guys who strut around as if they are the baddest things on the planet. These guys are typically in the 17-24 year-old age bracket (although there are a few middle-aged guys who do that as well -- they are all muscular guys, of course). Something about that cocky, arrogant, tough-guy posturing that bugs me. I guess it just seems so immature and junior high school-ish in my opinion. Bu these guys often walk around puffing out their chests and walking around as if they own the gym. I actually go out of my way to be a bit antagonistic to these types; I love to sort of give it back to them a bit. I'm the friendliest guy around, but I just can't stand guys like this. And all the gyms that I have ever frequented never seem to be lacking in these types. The guys with tattoos and mean looks on their faces and muscles -- that whole "I'm a bad boy" persona.
I get it. But these types don't bother me much until or unless they start grunting, screaming while lifting then slamming the weights down and immediate scan the gym to see who just witnessed their "world record" lift. The best thing you can do with these types is to ignore them completely. Not even eye contact, as that is what wets their whistle, so to speak.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:03 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
The gustopo trainer. Enough said.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:26 PM

The menopausal women who turn the fans off in the gym even though it's 95 degrees and humid INSIDE the gym.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:34 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,126,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I'm a friendly sort of person and am middle-aged. The most annoying person in my gym has got to be the idiot millennial woman who cannot release herself from her phone...stopping right in the middle of the locker room stark naked to text forcing us to walk around her. On top of that, she has a major attitude and comes in, turns off the fan, and pretty much acts like she owns the whole place while being ultra-rude to others. She will Open her locker so it interferes with my ability to open my locker and she acts oblivious. I really am repulsed by people like that and I'm so tempted to set her straight. So far I've been silent and just wince when she pulls her stunts. I welcome ideas on what to say to her - something that will sting a bit. lol.
Do you have assigned lockers and hers is right next to yours? If the lockers are not assigned and you can take whichever locker you want, just bring two locks and take two lockers so she can't take the one near you. Except the danger with doing this is that you will then become the most annoying person in the gym

Old 11-06-2019, 08:06 AM

New annoying trend in my gym: filling up your 5 gallon water jug at the drinking fountain with people lining up behind you who simply want a few sips of water. You don't need that much water, bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness