Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2019, 01:36 PM

265 posts, read 239,801 times

Advertisements

So I entered a weight lost competition between family mainly, and it is coming to an end. We have like 3 more weeks left to lose weight. We had a weight in just for fun, I was down 10 lbs, and 2nd place person was down 8 lbs. I am a little worried because 2nd place person just started to get serious about her diet, prior she was just taking group classes at her gym.

So this is my dilema. I started doing BJJ, I been going twice a week. I been doing weight training 3 other days a week, sometimes 4. I have lost weight but even though I am getting stronger, I feel like the cutting or losing weight is moving too slow.

At one point I did cut over 20 pounds in one month, years ago. I was running 4 miles plus a day, I think about 4 times a week with a very very low calorie diet, which is not recommened. So based on that I am wondering if I should go back to running 3-4 times a week, 4 miles plus, and doing BJJ two other days a week? Also working on a diet were I eat less. I feel that weights and cardio are making me stronger and better at BJJ, but I also want to win the bet and lose weight.

So is that a good plan to drop weight? I figured I would get some stenght trainning in the two days I do BJJ and roll with others. But I can see myself losing strenght if I dont do weights outside anymore. But this will only be until the bet is over which is like 3 more weeks.

Or is there other ways to drop weight faster? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 05:09 AM

3,697 posts, read 2,418,110 times
You say you're "eating less."

Less what? Calories?

Less food?

What are your daily macros?

What is your daily caloric maintenance?

Old 06-28-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
You say you're "eating less."

Less what? Calories?

Less food?

What are your daily macros?

What is your daily caloric maintenance?

I am consuming less calories than before my diet, eating more veggies, and avoiding sugary drinks. High protein diet, less carbs.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:04 PM

9,406 posts, read 8,382,899 times
You seem to have all these grand ideas about "NEW WORKOUTS!" and "NEW DIETS!".

Just eat healthy, splurge once a week, workout regularly and take a deep breath and enjoy life. You're getting way too caught up in these plans.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
I am consuming less calories than before my diet, eating more veggies, and avoiding sugary drinks. High protein diet, less carbs.
Sounds good.

Many folks don't count cals and macros anymore.

Do you know roughly your P / C / F ratios?

Old 06-29-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Sounds good.

Many folks don't count cals and macros anymore.

Do you know roughly your P / C / F ratios?
not really but I have my food list, I seen sample diets, so I go based on that. I do have an app to write in all I eat, but after using it for a while I basically just eye ball it and estimate calories per meal and snacks.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
not really but I have my food list, I seen sample diets, so I go based on that. I do have an app to write in all I eat, but after using it for a while I basically just eye ball it and estimate calories per meal and snacks.
Sounds good, then.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 744 times
Just cut Sugar!

Sugar is a trap! it's addictive! sadly it is almost in evrything that we eat.

I had the same dilemma before, what I did is I cut sugar. I check all the back labels of everything I buy starting from biscuits to condiments, Even energy drink has sugar in it!

this article has some tips on how you can lessen your sugar intake:
[url]https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/14-ways-to-eat-less-sugar[/url]

also there's this tea that is really getting popular lately, Ive seen lots of review about it.
[url]https://youstayfitblog.home.blog/2019/07/10/red-tea-detox-review/[/url]

Hoping this could help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness