Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM

609 posts, read 1,175,053 times

Advertisements

make your own smoothy's. get sugar free, low fat yogurt, skim milk, ice, protein/ vitam in supplements, and add banana's, black berries and anythign else you want

Canadian Living : Health : Nutrition : The top 25 healthy fruits: Blueberries, apples, cherries, bananas and 21 more healthy picks

heres a list of the top 25 most healthy fruits. hmmmm nothing beats a omemade one if your serious about eating healthy. but if you were just inquiring about specifically smoothie king i have no damn clue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 03:54 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
How do you feel about Smoothie King? It seems that almost everyone thinks it's healthy, but I do wonder sometimes if they feel that way only because it appears that everyone else does...and they just buy into it. I'm really fond of the place, and I've found that when I have to work a lot, I'm happy to drink a smoothie from there instead of eating a meal, and it does actually fill me up as eating a meal would. (And I don't mean the really indulgent ones on the menu like the Peanut Power or the shakes). The ones they've put into the "trim down" category are actually pretty filling, surprisingly. Does anyone else think replacing some meals with smoothies from this place is a good way to stay healthy?
I prefer to make my own smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit, tofu, soymilk, flax seed oil and whatever else I feel like putting in it.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I always made my own smoothies at home until my son started working his after school job at Smoothie King. It's just like any other place; there are healthy and not so healthy offerings. The thing that gets me is the price. I do like some of their enhancers and noticed a positive difference in my skin, nails and hair.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 AM

66 posts, read 194,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Smoothies are okay, but don't have them too often. They are loaded with a lot of fat and calories. And it makes the purpose to lose weight nothing. So, don't have it all the time.
Things like this are generally designed to help build muscle and mass, not lose weight. I think that's where a lot of people get confused when it comes to eating and working out. Smoothies are high in protein, but also high in carbs and sugar. It's really something you should eat if you're trying to bulk up rather than trim down. Same usually goes for any type of protein shake. I'm not saying you should never have them if you want to lose weight, but they're definitely not something you should be supplementing for every meal you eat.

Smoothie King does have good stuff, by the way. I went there maybe once or twice a few years ago and I liked it. Too bad there's not any near me nowadays.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:17 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
How do you feel about Smoothie King? It seems that almost everyone thinks it's healthy, but I do wonder sometimes if they feel that way only because it appears that everyone else does...and they just buy into it. I'm really fond of the place, and I've found that when I have to work a lot, I'm happy to drink a smoothie from there instead of eating a meal, and it does actually fill me up as eating a meal would. (And I don't mean the really indulgent ones on the menu like the Peanut Power or the shakes). The ones they've put into the "trim down" category are actually pretty filling, surprisingly. Does anyone else think replacing some meals with smoothies from this place is a good way to stay healthy?

I don't know what smoothie king is but I do know that there are a lot of company's that target people who want to loose weight and offer to sell smoothies.

In my opinion there all CRAP!! These places are crap because most smoothies are laced with SO much refined sugar PLUS the natural sugar in the fruit that they use!!! On top of that they don't use organic peanut butter or organic fruit and so forth.. You are better off making your own fresh smoothie at home via a blender and you will also save money in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness