Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2022, 05:48 AM

9,502 posts, read 8,504,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
The acceptance of public nudity comes and goes through the ages. Roman baths, anyone?

All the boys in Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer's day just stripped naked to go swimming. It was SOP. Hot summer day? Lake or river nearby? Go.
Ditto skinny dipping in my father's generation of the early 20th century. It was no big deal. You don't want to walk around in wet clothes.

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-cu...thtime-1442204
LOL, now we're talking about the Roman ages to defend this exhibitionism?

They also had slaves, should we be okay with slavery nowadays because "that's how they did it in the Roman ages!"

My gosh people. You have nude beaches and probably a thousand fetish websites to get your jollies, go there. Please. For all of our sakes.

Old 12-30-2022, 12:24 AM

24,894 posts, read 9,647,176 times
Old men naked talking doesn't bother me.

It's the obese, fat, and overweight old naked men talking that bothers me. I don't want to see that, nobody does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
There could always be the possibility that an individual is an exhibitionist if the nudity is gratuitous. There have been at least two or three males that I thought it was enough already cover up.
Yup, that's the point, they don't care to wear a towel. They are 100% fully naked walking around with nothing but slippers on.

Old 12-30-2022, 10:49 AM

14,583 posts, read 23,147,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I dunno.. That, somewhat, seems to be getting into the 'gratuitous' area.

I don't have a problem with changing/showering/etc.. So long as someone isn't standing there talking to me with things swinging around.. It doesn't really bother me.. But it's certainly not something I'm going to do. It's like walking to the shower in a locker room with the towel draped over your shoulder.. I wouldn't do that, just because.. no.. Wrap the towel around your waist. Maybe it's just me, but that almost has a 'showing off' feel to it, and.. That does kinda bother me.
I agree with this. I see it a lot in the middle aged and older crowd. Personally I get the impression that they know it makes some people uneasy and they're doing it intentionally.

Old 12-30-2022, 11:40 AM

4,686 posts, read 2,830,845 times
Well, I will admit that upsetting prissy fragile millennials is a lot of fun. I never thought about walking around naked as a way to get 'em all in a tizzy, but I'll do it more if y'all will promise to have more hissy fits.

Old 12-30-2022, 01:06 PM

51,700 posts, read 25,995,509 times
What it is with men who enjoy doing things that bother others?

What's the payoff here?

Old 12-30-2022, 01:10 PM

9,502 posts, read 8,504,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, I will admit that upsetting prissy fragile millennials is a lot of fun. I never thought about walking around naked as a way to get 'em all in a tizzy, but I'll do it more if y'all will promise to have more hissy fits.
In other words, "I just wanted an excuse to expose myself to other men as it's a huge turn on for me"

Old 12-30-2022, 01:24 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,847 posts, read 58,440,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What it is with men who enjoy doing things that bother others?

What's the payoff here?
You don't know someone like this?
You don't have a mother-in-law?
Never had kids?

Some people just HAVE to push buttons.

and.. the vast majority of "Old, Naked Men in Gym Locker Rooms" are not intentionally doing anything to bother anyone. They are totally clueless or don't care (or expect) anyone else cares. Locker room is a place to change your clothes and to shower. Expect a little (or a lot) of nudity. Nothing intentional, just SOP.
  • Go to Gym,
  • Check in
  • Go to locker room
  • undress (naked)
  • Go swim or exercise (respectfully covered in appropriate gear)
  • Go back to locker room
  • Shower (naked)
  • Dry off (naked)
  • go to locker (naked or not)
  • re-clothe (naked at times)
  • Leave the gym (properly attired)

Seems pretty simple, reasonable, normal, non-confrontational or exhibitionist.

Life goes on for these naive 'Old Men'. They're acting 'natural'.
or... if like me, they often forget to bring a towel. I 'air dry' often, and since I usually ride my motorcycle to the gym, I dry quickly and don't have to pack around a damp towel.

Get over it.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:42 PM

4,686 posts, read 2,830,845 times
It's just so fun to mock those who're too precious, sensitive, fragile to cope with non-events like a naked man.

Honestly, did your mommas keep y'all wrapped up in cotton wool till you were 30 or something?

Old 12-30-2022, 04:41 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,146,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
It's just so fun to mock those who're too precious, sensitive, fragile to cope with non-events like a naked man.

Honestly, did your mommas keep y'all wrapped up in cotton wool till you were 30 or something?
We aren’t precious, sensitive or fragile.

We are simply normal straight men.

We have a natural dislike of seeing other men nude. That’s how we’re wired.

We are the normal ones. You aren’t.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:20 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,073,552 times
It’s just the ones that “intentionally” walk around naked cause they are either partially senile or just straight up exhibitionists, old, fat or in great shape. It’s not hard to wrap yourself in a towel while shaving, combing your hair or talking about last night’s game in a public gym locker room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness