Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM

5 posts, read 8,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Exercise tip: cancel the gym membership, buy a used exercise bike, put it in front of TV and ride for 30 minutes 5-6x a week. It's hard to get to the gym, but easy to pedal in front of TV. That eliminates excuses not to exercise.

For food stuff, drink nothing but water, learn to love vegetables and stir fries, avoid fast food and say goodbye to fried stuff and junk food. Cheese bad, ice cream worse. You'll lose.

By the way, I'm talking just as much to myself as I am to you!

I shoveled in the chow during the holidays and my stomach's resembling Santa's right now. I did go to the gym today, and will try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. Healthy eating started up again now, too. But I enjoyed every morsel of that good holiday grub. No regrets.
I agree. Gym memberships, I think, are not an easy commitment to stick to when you have kids, especially. Try a fitness program you can do at home. I do the elliptical 4 days a week and for my weight training I do the program at GetModelFit.com. It helps if you need some motivation and structure like I do.

Drink lots of water, and lots of fruits and veggies. You can treat yourself, but just do it in moderation. You can do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness