Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times

Advertisements

Many women see these shows in the TV, and then they are extremely affected by this. Due to the media they want to lose weight. Some are already skinny and still want to lose weight because they want to be like these models. All females are beautiful no matter what. Please do not let the media get ahold of you, and affect you. It is not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Many women see these shows in the TV, and then they are extremely affected by this. Due to the media they want to lose weight. Some are already skinny and still want to lose weight because they want to be like these models. All females are beautiful no matter what. Please do not let the media get ahold of you, and affect you. It is not worth it.
Are you having a personal issue with this? I think most people that are here on this board are well past such foolishness. There is a huge difference between wanting to be healthy and fit, and "trying to be like a model".

Old 07-23-2009, 03:53 PM

lol somewhat, my mom is skinny and she wants to be more skinnier i do not know why, and is because of the media. Also I know other women who are like this as well.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:49 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
lol somewhat, my mom is skinny and she wants to be more skinnier i do not know why, and is because of the media. Also I know other women who are like this as well.
LOL at "more skinnier". Sorry, grammar is my pet peeve. By the way, howdy neighbor. I am next door to Va Beach!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL at "more skinnier". Sorry, grammar is my pet peeve. By the way, howdy neighbor. I am next door to Va Beach!
Oh wow did not know hehe..

Old 07-24-2009, 09:54 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
And yet the USA is a nation of fat people. Go figure.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:31 PM

258 posts, read 812,171 times
Yeah it's pretty unfair. Yet while the people on TV and in the media continue to get thinner, the average population keeps getting fatter.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 PM

244 posts, read 718,075 times
I'm rather unaffected by the media in regards to how my body looks. I could never expect my solid 5'5" frame to look like a waif 5'11" frame and still appear healthy. Besides, hubby likes the "junk in the trunk"

Old 07-24-2009, 02:16 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
So you hate the media because what they show makes your mom want to be skinnier?

Old 07-24-2009, 06:17 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you on this

Some of those "before and after" shots are bogus. They were airbrushed, most of them. You can tell that the actresses or models they use on those commercials were never that big, you can tell. Some, if you look closely, had some form of plastic surgery (breast augmentation, maybe some lipo, collegan, botox, etc.).

So, don't ever rely on those commercials. It's not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness