Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:32 AM

17 posts, read 65,172 times

Advertisements

The Golds Gym workout is awesome - it's fun, gives a good workout and is easier on the hands than a punching bag (though I kinda like getting my aggression out on a bag)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
I ordered the Golds Gym from a retailer just yesterday because it sounds like it is really fun plus gives you a great workout. Exactly what I need.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
One of the things I really like about doing my hour of Wii Fit every morning after the kids go off to school is that I get to stamp my date on the calendar, and also set and reach goals. When you do it everyday, it becomes part of your daily habit and the game system tracks your progress and you really can push yourself further and further. I don't workout on the weekends, and so on Monday sometimes I feel sad that I went two days without stamping my calendar. I know it sounds silly - but for me it's a great motivator to help me keep working out.

I also really love how the more you work out, the more activities you unlock. Just today I had earned enough coins through my daily workouts to unlock two new yoga poses and two new strength training poses. One of the strength training poses really kicked my butt today!! Also, the more you do, too, the more options you have as far as combining exercises or yoga poses, which helps you have an even better workout as well.

I just today did my body test and it turns out I've lost slightly over 6 pounds within the past month, and my balance has improved greatly. I used to put more weight on my right foot, but I think all the strength training exercises, strengthening my "core", has helped me improve my balance.

There's also the aerobics exercise where you follow the steps - similar to the DDR games - where you step to music following the screen. I used to be horrible at that when I started, but I'm really good at it now! I feel like I'm more coordinated. You hear about eye-hand coordination, but the Wii fit I feel like helps with body-mind coordination.

Also, I used to get a sore back whenever I scrubbed my shower and bathtub in our home, but I don't get sore from that anymore. I'm thinking it might be from strengthening my abs and back with Wii fit.

I'd like to try the Gold's Gym workout - thank you to you all who have talked about it here, I had never even heard of it!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
I have wii fit which I really love and for my kids. I am currently new at the Biggest Loser and it really a great work out and does your weight,recipe,goals and challeges.... I love the Biggest loser family cookbook. So far everything I tried has been delicious. I have lost some weight but I am still new at this.
Ooooh! The recipes would be cool!! Now I have to decide between the Golds Gym or Biggest Loser! Dang it!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
One of the things I really like about doing my hour of Wii Fit every morning after the kids go off to school is that I get to stamp my date on the calendar, and also set and reach goals. When you do it everyday, it becomes part of your daily habit and the game system tracks your progress and you really can push yourself further and further. I don't workout on the weekends, and so on Monday sometimes I feel sad that I went two days without stamping my calendar. I know it sounds silly - but for me it's a great motivator to help me keep working out.

I also really love how the more you work out, the more activities you unlock. Just today I had earned enough coins through my daily workouts to unlock two new yoga poses and two new strength training poses. One of the strength training poses really kicked my butt today!! Also, the more you do, too, the more options you have as far as combining exercises or yoga poses, which helps you have an even better workout as well.

I just today did my body test and it turns out I've lost slightly over 6 pounds within the past month, and my balance has improved greatly. I used to put more weight on my right foot, but I think all the strength training exercises, strengthening my "core", has helped me improve my balance.

There's also the aerobics exercise where you follow the steps - similar to the DDR games - where you step to music following the screen. I used to be horrible at that when I started, but I'm really good at it now! I feel like I'm more coordinated. You hear about eye-hand coordination, but the Wii fit I feel like helps with body-mind coordination.

Also, I used to get a sore back whenever I scrubbed my shower and bathtub in our home, but I don't get sore from that anymore. I'm thinking it might be from strengthening my abs and back with Wii fit.

I'd like to try the Gold's Gym workout - thank you to you all who have talked about it here, I had never even heard of it!
Awesome explaining.... I feel the same thing about the calender as well. I was upset I didn't get a chance get on wii the other day.
I too never heard of Gold's gym and tempted to buy it as well.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:43 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
Quote:
Ooooh! The recipes would be cool!! Now I have to decide between the Golds Gym or Biggest Loser! Dang it!
Let me clarify that the Biggest Loser Game has recipe on there but I got a deal when I bought the wii fitness plus balance board it came with Biggest Loser Game and Biggest Loser Family recipe cookbook. I really haven't check to see if all the recipe is on the Game. I could check it out one of these days for you

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,822 times
Quote:

That alone makes me want to get the Wii. I get such a backache from scrubbing the tub which should be the simplest of household chores.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:42 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
My wife got the Wii and Wii Fit. Today was the first day I tried the Fit. Had so much fun that I didn't realize I'd done nearly an hour. Only reason why I stopped was because lunch was ready. Wife said she'll try it later. She has back and hip problems and she really needs the balance and aerobics exercises. From what I've tried so far, if you regularly go jogging or hit the gym then this game would only be good for you if you can't get out of the house. If you're out of shape then it'll help you with your fitness. I'll hold off on buying other fitness games until I get better at the Wii Fit games. Still haven't made it across that damn tightrope yet today. Those soccer balls and soccer shoes are kicking my butt. Combination of step aerobics and hula-hoops is pretty fun. Much better for me than planting roots in the chair with the remote control in my hand. What I like is it doesn't require a lot of space. I loved the Tae Bo workout but it requires a lot of room for punching, stepping, and kicking.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:59 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,229 times
We just got the Wii Fit Plus game last night. [We have the original Wii Fit, and used it quite regularly until this past spring, when hubby started traveling alot for work, then we found out we were transferring.] Anyway, wish we would have had it in our old house as there was alot more room where we had the Wii set up. So far, we set up profiles for our pets so we can keep track of their weight. lol And I tried a couple of games that weren't on the original Wii Fit game. Skateboarding, I'm not coordinated enough for but we had fun laughing at my sorry attempt. Then I tried cycling. Kicked my butt but got my heart rate up! All in all I think it's going to be a good investment even tho we already had the original Wii Fit game.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:45 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
Highly recommends Gold's Gym Cardio Workout if you like throwing different punches. Thanks to some of the reviews on this forum, I wouldn't even have bothered looking into the game but now I'm thankful I did. Sure breaks up any exercise routine and makes you sweat. I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness