Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:53 PM

109 posts, read 319,660 times

Advertisements

I got one in January of this year and so far I have lost 35 pounds. I changed my diet and I do Wii fit at least an hour a day. I feel better and I love it.I can't rave about it enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 09:21 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,105,303 times
Hi Tom. How about an update. Are you still doing Wii? How much total weight have you lost?

Old 01-03-2010, 01:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,552,827 times
I too curious if you lost weight as of today. 1/3/2010

Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,053,608 times
I use Wii Fit and absolutely love it. I don't own a scale, though, and all my clothes still fit well like they always have so I cannot say if I've lost any weight doing it, but I know that I do feel it, like you do when you go to the gym for a good workout. For me losing weight isn't really my goal when I exercise as I'm pretty comfortable with my body size as it is. I exercise just to stay healthy, for my heart and body, and to help me sleep better - before I began exercising I struggled with insomnia. Nothing like a good work out to give me really good sleep at night.

I should add that the Wii fit does have a scale! For those thinking of purchasing it. I just don't pay attention to that part of it, and also we use it with a rug over carpet and I'm not sure that the scale part would work like it should anyway. If you have wood or laminate floors I'm sure it would be pretty accurate.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:21 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,556,961 times
The unit comes with extra feet to use on carpet.

I am using it. but not just by itself and there are some other programs that work with the balance board that I want to try when I get up to that.

I think for someone already in great shape it may not be much but for a newbie it has a lot of good things. I can really get sweating on some of it and it is fun. But I am still walking an hour a day.

We just got ours for Christmas but also counting calories, walking etc on top of this.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
We got one for Christmas (thanks Santa!) and I've been using it every day, with one day off per week. Now, I have a hip problem which has severely curtailed not just my exercise, but my general activity, so I'm using it for rehabbing the hip plus calorie burning and fitness.

That said, I've lost about 4 pounds so far, with minimal dietary change. I notice that my hip is having fewer bad days, though it's easy to overdo on some of the exercises. My balance is slowly coming back to center, also.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,556,961 times
There should be a warning on the wii fit about those tunes though.
There must be a psychology to writing tunes that won't leave your head!

The one with where you step on and off the board is the worst for doing that [like one dimensional dance dance revolution for dummies - yeh that is me -maybe I can graduate to DDR - my daughter flies on that and gets a real good workout]

Followed by the one with the penguins.

I have gotten into a routine of balance games [for fun-they really don't do much for burning calories], warm up with aerobics, then do the yoga and strength routines when I am all warmed up.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:17 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
Oh, yes, I have found myself humming that stupid step tune, and had to stop & think where it came from!

What I'm doing currently is some balance exercises first, then aerobics, then yoga. I'm am setting calorie goals so that I have something to work toward rather than saying "yeah, I'm tired. Think I'm done for today." This way, I can say, "I have x number of calories to go before I can quit." Seems to be working okay.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
We have the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. They're OK. I like the different running games, because I can't run outside now (cold/icy), and the balance games. I also like that my daughter can run with me. However, although 45 minutes of games warms me up, it doesn't get me as sweaty as I think I should be. I know my cardio fitness has improved, but I haven't noticed much in the way of weight loss. I haven't been mixing in enough strength training, and I don't care much for the Wii Fit calisthenics.

I used to belong to a boxing gym in California (before we moved), and I loved it. That was a great workout! The boxing games on the Wii Fit aren't that great, but they are better than nothing. I might get this instead:

Amazon.com: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout: Nintendo Wii: Video Games

It got great reviews, and the little video clip makes it seem more like what I'd like in a boxing game.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 AM

602 posts, read 1,516,860 times
We just picked up a Wii on Sunday. Got the Fit bundle too. Does anyone know of an online source for specific training programs?

We've just been messing around with the juggling, hula-hoop, and the balance games. I'd really like to find something that is spelled out. Goodness knows I don't want to go out and buy the Jillian Michaels game. I'm too afraid she'd kick my butt !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness