Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times

Advertisements

Do South Beach Diet-Phase I for 2 weeks and you will lose between 10-15 pounds easily as long as you keep working out regularly and stop eating crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 PM

124 posts, read 333,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasag05 View Post
This might sound random and it seems like you have a good handle on your diet and nutrition, but have you ever thought about changing your user name? Studies have shown that having constant subliminal messages like that (I_Feel_Fat_2) can hinder progress towards your goals. What about "I'm_So_Skinny" It may seem silly at first, especially if you dont believe it, but the more your mind takes in that POSITIVE idea about yourself, the more likely you are to make it a reality.

HA! You are funny! I was just messing around when I made my screen name. I tend to be goofy most of the time. But beating myself up keeps me on my toes! I've done a whole lot of reading on nutrition. There are a lot of conflicting ideas out there. The whole idea of how ketosis works is fascinating and I am willing to give it a try. We'll see.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM

124 posts, read 333,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Do South Beach Diet-Phase I for 2 weeks and you will lose between 10-15 pounds easily as long as you keep working out regularly and stop eating crap.

Okay....of topic here but I love your user name!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 AM

19 posts, read 54,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
HA! You are funny! I was just messing around when I made my screen name. I tend to be goofy most of the time. But beating myself up keeps me on my toes! I've done a whole lot of reading on nutrition. There are a lot of conflicting ideas out there. The whole idea of how ketosis works is fascinating and I am willing to give it a try. We'll see.

LOL I'm glad you saw the humor in that. I was worried you'd take it the wrong way and get upset at me!

About the southbeach diet thing...I did phase one for the 14 days it suggested (it includes no alcohol too...and I was in college!!) and I lost about 11lbs. And I've never been "overweight", so it's usually even harder to drop a lot of pounds in a short amount of time. Might I add I wasnt working out either ...all of my energy was focused on not drinking!!! lol

One of the things I really like about southbeach versus other diets like it, is that it focuses on healthy versions of the foods you can eat. Atkins promotes fatty meats and bacon, etc, where southbeach says to eat lean meats and turkey bacon, for example. You can also eat as MUCH as you want and as OFTEN as you want, as long as you stick to the foods allotted during that phase. So even though you are restricted (and it IS temporary) you will never starve lol.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
Things I did to lose 10 lbs.:

1. I cut out the sodas, alcohol, and caffeine for a month (just 30 days).

2. I stayed away from fast-foods and junk food.

3. I worked out about 2 times a day (my "heavy" workouts in the morning- 45-60 minutes of jogging with pushups, crunches (50 each on both) after the jog, and stretching. Then in the evening I'd do some Yoga or Pilates for 40 minutes). All for 6 days a week.

4. Stayed away from the partying and going out for a while (just for a month).

5. Drank water at least 97% of the day (hardly anything else, for the exception of orange juice and soymilk only).

This may not work for everyone, but it did work for me, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness