Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
On my planet the adage is: "Don't air your dirty linen in public"
While I wouldn't dream of considering Weight Watchers membership "dirty linen" -- far from it -- I do think it was out of line to disclose the information on someone else's behalf, even if the someone else talked openly about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
While I wouldn't dream of considering Weight Watchers membership "dirty linen" -- far from it -- I do think it was out of line to disclose the information on someone else's behalf, even if the someone else talked openly about it.

The big secret is safe with me. It is just beyond me that her fiance had to act like this was a big secret. I will not tell anybody and it just never ever occured to me that somebody would be mortified about trying to better there health and eating habits Clearly I simply don't get it. AGAIN THE SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME

Old 05-07-2010, 09:51 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Ok so I said out loud that somebody was going to weight watchers I didn't know this was such a huge stinking secret since I tell everybody I attend AA with my husband it is clear that my boundries are far different Is this normal or what? This person does seem very strange a lot but I just wonder sometimes if it is just because I don't care for this person or what....we are on way different planets it seems
You say you and hubby attend AA meetings? Then you should be familar with one of their most famous and important rules: "What you say here, what you hear here, let st stay here when you leave here. Here Here!"
So yeah, you were out of line with your disclosure of another person's weight issues. You should have learned to respect confidentiality by now.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
You say you and hubby attend AA meetings? Then you should be familar with one of their most famous and important rules: "What you say here, what you hear here, let st stay here when you leave here. Here Here!"
So yeah, you were out of line with your disclosure of another person's weight issues. You should have learned to respect confidentiality by now.
Ok I guess I am not making myself clear. My boss told me that his fiance goes to weait watchers and then told me not to tell anybody. I have told nobody nobody on this earth that she goes to weight watchers. It is MY BOSS that told the secret to ME! The secret has STOPPED WITH ME. I just am confused that he would even make it a secret. I guess he was wrong to spill the beans on HIS FIANCE. I don't even like the woman let alone want to marry her.....

Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Ok so I said out loud that somebody was going to weight watchers I didn't know this was such a huge stinking secret since I tell everybody I attend AA with my husband it is clear that my boundries are far different Is this normal or what? This person does seem very strange a lot but I just wonder sometimes if it is just because I don't care for this person or what....we are on way different planets it seems
You overstepped, so apologize sincerely for your transgression. Then, tell the person that you are very proud of his/her efforts and progress.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
You overstepped, so apologize sincerely for your transgression. Then, tell the person that you are very proud of his/her efforts and progress.

Never mind guys this is kind of stupid

Old 05-08-2010, 06:30 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,231,276 times
Quote:
Ok I guess I am not making myself clear. My boss told me that his fiance goes to weait watchers and then told me not to tell anybody. I have told nobody nobody on this earth that she goes to weight watchers. It is MY BOSS that told the secret to ME! The secret has STOPPED WITH ME. I just am confused that he would even make it a secret. I guess he was wrong to spill the beans on HIS FIANCE. I don't even like the woman let alone want to marry her.....
This is confusing because in your first post you said you HAD.

Quote:
The last phrase in bold seems right.

Don't worry about it but when you post on a forum people can only go by what you post.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Sorry I misunderstood. Your boss overstepped and should apologize to his fiance for his transgression, but I don't suggest you should be the one to tell him that.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
UGH....Its not like a secret the person is fat. They are fine with rolling that all around but they won't say they are doing something about it? That is just a little insane. Its not like AA or like they are even using drugs to diet for crying out loud etc. I think you need to just tell them to grow up. If it had to be some super top secret they should not of told anyone. Sounds like a child's attitude. "ooh i am gonna keep my diet a secret because no on will ever know..." LOL

Seriously?!

People need to stop being mental about fat.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 AM

I think weight loss efforts are more successful when we choose to surround ourselves with support, but the operative word is choose. I am the one who gets to decide who is part of my support team. It is wrong to reveal something so personal about someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness