Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 AM

544 posts, read 1,486,649 times

Advertisements

I don't work for them, but the prices are amazingly good and I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and only gotten two items which I found I really didn't like:

Makeup and Cosmetics | Shop Eyes Lips Face | ELF COSMETICS

Looks like products are distributed through a company in New York, "designed in the US," but Made in China. That's the part that concerns me and caused me to post this. I like that they (at least claim) that they don't test on animals, but I'm concerned about the China connection.

Anybody know anything, positive or negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 04:05 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,835,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
I don't work for them, but the prices are amazingly good and I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and only gotten two items which I found I really didn't like:

Makeup and Cosmetics | Shop Eyes Lips Face | ELF COSMETICS

Looks like products are distributed through a company in New York, "designed in the US," but Made in China. That's the part that concerns me and caused me to post this. I like that they (at least claim) that they don't test on animals, but I'm concerned about the China connection.

Oh, I would really like to help you with this one. I always see this product on sale at Winners (aka TJ Maxx in the States). It is very reasonable priced, but I have been concerned about the China connection myself. I hope someone answers your questions.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 PM

660 posts, read 1,398,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
I don't know about the company policies and manufacturing, but I have tried the e.l.f. products. Some were good and some were bad/cheap, but for a dollar or two per item, it was not a big loss, lol. You can find some reviews of their products on drugstore.com, if they're still being sold there. As for being made in China, what isn't these days?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
I don't know about the company policies and manufacturing, but I have tried the e.l.f. products. Some were good and some were bad/cheap, but for a dollar or two per item, it was not a big loss, lol. You can find some reviews of their products on drugstore.com, if they're still being sold there. As for being made in China, what isn't these days?
When I see this stuff in Winners (aka TJ Maxx) up here, it is cheap compared to Estee Lauder or Elizabeth Arden, but it is generally priced in the range of brands like $10. for a lipstick, small 4 eyeshadow quad $12. Now that I know how cheap it really is, I think I'll stick to a brand which is made in France (Lise Watier). I think it's only available in the GWN though.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:42 PM

15,148 posts, read 27,821,472 times
I tried some of their products when they had a big deal when introducing themselves here - 99 cents or something each - IMO, that's what they are worth.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I tried some of their products when they had a big deal when introducing themselves here - 99 cents or something each - IMO, that's what they are worth.
The difference in price between the GWN, and the U.S. never ceases to amaze me. . I didn't find the quality very good for the price and now that I know they were selling it for 0.99 that kind of tells me a little more.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,561,696 times
Yeah at Target the whole line is between 1 and 2 dollars..maybe 3 max.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:28 AM

544 posts, read 1,486,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have to respectfully disagree; I like elf's nail polish (great selection of pink colors, which I love and have difficulty finding), their lip gloss, their beautiful little bags (I have the whole collection), and I like having to pay only $1.00 for a pair of tweezers when they're normally $5.00 or more in the stores.

I like the loose powder, I like the lipsticks. I've bought dozens of their items and love getting them. Only found two which were just wrong colors for me.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,179,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
The difference in price between the GWN, and the U.S. never ceases to amaze me. . I didn't find the quality very good for the price and now that I know they were selling it for 0.99 that kind of tells me a little more.
You can order them from drugstore.com (last I checked) or even their own website for those costs.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
You can order them from drugstore.com (last I checked) or even their own website for those costs.
Thanks for your advice. I am just wondering with the shipping costs to the GWN, if it would be worth it? Like order $20., and pay $20., in shipping, customs, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty