Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times

Advertisements

It's about keeping your head high, compliment folks, eye contact when you talk to someone, and smile once in a while.

Also, what may make you feel more confident is the kind of clothes you wear and the colors of the clothes too (do they match or are pretty close to matching, the colors and patterns). A great pair of jeans, with a great button down shirt, and matching colored shoes really makes me very confident.

Or how about your daily hygiene. Do you shower everyday? Do you brush your hair and teeth everyday? Do you take care of your nails every week? Things like that exude confidence in someone. Maybe even a better haircolor too, that's more flattering. Or even lighter or darker, depending what you prefer that looks best on you. Me, blonde hair gives me so much more confidence and people gave me more compliments now than they did when I was my natural dark brunette. It worked better for me.

So, just smile more, have more eye contact, and give compliments. And maybe change your wardrobe, hygiene, and other personal effects might boost up your confidence more.

Good luck, sweety!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 06:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
One more thing I forgot ... pick up your feet when you walk! I have seen so many people who drag and shuffle their feet when they walk. Drives me nuts! Not a very confident look at all.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 AM

7 posts, read 11,478 times
Yes confidence is important....I think you should be confident that you can carry yourself..Then everything is fine..

Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,799 times
It's not that you look confident, but that you actually feel it. If you can get passed your insecurities and are able to love yourself in the body that you have, you will notice a change in the way you present yourself. Everyone has a disfigured body image of themselves - even the skinny ones - and once you can overcome that, you will exude confidence and excellence! Have you ever watched What Not To Wear? I'm not implying your wardrobe needs to be changed, but I watch it a lot and pick up on tips on how to dress my body. It's a great source of free advice!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 AM

8 posts, read 18,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul789 View Post
i’m 5’11 and incredibly chubby ( i feel huge)
recently, a friend told me that i’m in super pretty but its the way i carry myself that is a turn off……is confidence really that important? and how do you relay it?
Be confident.Enjoy your life .......

Old 12-22-2010, 06:48 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
One more thing I forgot ... pick up your feet when you walk! I have seen so many people who drag and shuffle their feet when they walk. Drives me nuts! Not a very confident look at all.
Shuffling your feet also wears out shoes for no good reason, which is none too sporting.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Shuffling your feet also wears out shoes for no good reason, which is none too sporting.
I tell you what .... you do that in a pair of ballroom shoes and you're gonna be spending a fortune on replacement shoes!

Old 12-23-2010, 04:30 AM

7 posts, read 6,134 times
Wink just be confident in any way

even if they all already told you to be confident, i will be telling you again. be confident. It will always start in your mind. Dont think that others are better than you. always think that you are a good person inside and out. Think that whatever you wear or whatever you do, you look beautiful. If you'll let your insecurity overcomes your respect and trust to yourself, others will see you as a someone below their level. It reflects.

From now on, start your day right with a smile and with a positive plan. Always hold your head up and tell everyone thru your body language that whatever they say or see about you, you know to yourself that you are confident enough then this beauty will start to glow from you.

Eat healthy foods, wear nice clothes, exercise and always keep yourself presentable.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
It's all about carrying your head high, making eye contact, and thanking people for compliments when they're given instead of putting yourself down! Yes, confidence is incredibly important and without it a gorgeous person can look terrible.
Also, lean towards people as you greet them. Not in a threatening manner, but just a slight lean in. It is a power move that shows extreme confidence and warmth.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:28 AM

6 posts, read 13,955 times
I think there are many people who can't make eye contact but never feels lack of self confidence. The main theme is to just grow a feel in your mind that you can do everything and you are not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty