Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Girdles, corsets and bosom-binding brassieres are the topic of discussion at a Lake Villa District Library event this month, with one firm rule: No men allowed.

Men not allowed at ladies underwear exhibit - chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
News, Men not allowed at ladies underwear exhibit.
They are now....

"LAKE VILLA, Ill. — Buffalo Grove's Rob Sherman is best known as an atheist who protests what he sees as the intrusion of religion into government, but his latest cause is the right of men to attend a lecture about women's underwear........"

Men can now attend talk on women's underwear - chicagotribune.com

Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 AM

727 posts, read 540,413 times
I just hate when women drag their men to buy bras with them. There is so nothing so annoying than stranger men standing behind curtains which does not cover all. I buy my bras keeping extra large t-shirt that I can take my old bras out and trying new ones showing anything else than my hands.

What is really that women have to drag men to bra shop? There is lot of women who thinks breasts and bras are private thing.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
Well, I can crossdress and fake I'm a woman so I can see this event. But I'm vacationing in the Philippines now. Seeing the history of women's underwear is a bit interesting for a crossdressor!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,448,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
I just hate when women drag their men to buy bras with them. There is so nothing so annoying than stranger men standing behind curtains which does not cover all. I buy my bras keeping extra large t-shirt that I can take my old bras out and trying new ones showing anything else than my hands.

What is really that women have to drag men to bra shop? There is lot of women who thinks breasts and bras are private thing.
I frequently drag my husband along to bra shop just as he drags me along to shop for pants. If a woman is bringing a man along to shop, odds are that "breasts and bras" aren't private between the two of them. If I'm paying >$40 for a bra, I definitely want back up from my husband telling me that it's worth the money. Also, I can't even remember the last time I went into a changing room that had a curtain rather than a fully secured door. As for the OT, men should be allowed to comment on women's underwear just as women should be allowed to comment on anything pertaining to men.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Well, whoop t do! I could care less about ladies underwear since it matters only to the ladies. I prefer my lady out of her underwear so that's all I care about.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:04 AM

727 posts, read 540,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
I frequently drag my husband along to bra shop just as he drags me along to shop for pants. If a woman is bringing a man along to shop, odds are that "breasts and bras" aren't private between the two of them. If I'm paying >$40 for a bra, I definitely want back up from my husband telling me that it's worth the money. Also, I can't even remember the last time I went into a changing room that had a curtain rather than a fully secured door. As for the OT, men should be allowed to comment on women's underwear just as women should be allowed to comment on anything pertaining to men.
I pay 120 $ but it is not money question. It is question about privacy (other peoples privacy).

Old 01-13-2011, 07:35 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,206 times
I think it is very odd bringing a husband or bf to a bra shop. We are big girls, we know what looks right on us by now. If you'r not sure, make sure you are shopping at a store with a good refund policy. I hate seeing men around these places too. It is so OBVIOUS that they are uncomfortable and probably don't want to be there.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,448,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
I pay 120 $ but it is not money question. It is question about privacy (other peoples privacy).
I guarantee that if a man is underwear shopping with his lady that he is not thinking about the other people in the store or what they are looking at. As for "privacy concerns"--there is no way that a man is "oggling you" while you're locked behind a changing room door. Several times a year my husband brings me home lingerie out of the blue. Let me guess...that would also make women in lingerie/underwear stores feel uncomfortable because a man shouldn't be looking around by himself in such a "private" place. Ease up on the prudeness, ladies. As for my dh, he's usually the one that says "do you want anything from in here?" and helps me pick out a cute bra/lingerie/etc.; he's definitely not the type that "hangs out" while I look around.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:05 PM

736 posts, read 1,695,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
I guarantee that if a man is underwear shopping with his lady that he is not thinking about the other people in the store or what they are looking at. As for "privacy concerns"--there is no way that a man is "oggling you" while you're locked behind a changing room door. Several times a year my husband brings me home lingerie out of the blue. Let me guess...that would also make women in lingerie/underwear stores feel uncomfortable because a man shouldn't be looking around by himself in such a "private" place. Ease up on the prudeness, ladies. As for my dh, he's usually the one that says "do you want anything from in here?" and helps me pick out a cute bra/lingerie/etc.; he's definitely not the type that "hangs out" while I look around.
You have a strange husband, as: a) he likes to shop, and b) since he is actually helpful to you when it comes to selecting bras, he must have some knowledge about them.

My boyfriend hates shopping, and I'm the one schooling him about bras (for example, explaining to him why bras don't go in the dryer).

Nothing to do with prudeness nor privacy. I'm just wondering if your husband is a metrosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty