Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:07 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
Alright, what I'm about to say is purely based on personal opinion. Do not be offended by any of the following... ♥

Okay, so what is the point in having a tattoo? Really, what is so great about them? They're tackey and useless. What do they tell people? You like Tweety bird so much that you need to put him on your thigh?

Some say Tats are sexy. How? What's sexy about this?http://www.tattoos-ideas.net/wp-cont...irl-tattoo.jpg

Isn't the body supposed to be treated like a temple?

To people who have tattoos: (if you don't mind me asking)
  1. Do you regret the tattoo(s)?
  2. What was the reason for the tattoo(s)?
  3. What does the tattoo say about you?

To people who want tattoos:
  1. why?
And what's up with this putting your >insert dead loved ones name here< tats? Are you going to forget their name or something?
I don't have anything against people who have tats, I just wanna know WHY!?
What up with the rainbow font? It's pretty tacky & useless as well.

OH SNAP!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Paging Tightwad, JetJockey, Emi__, and kshe95girl so we can get this over with already

Old 02-19-2011, 01:17 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
It's a conversation starter. I don't really want to have that conversation, that's why I don't have any tattoos.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:33 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
I think tats and piercings are a way to wear your emotional scars on the outside.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:36 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think tats and piercings are a way to wear your emotional scars on the outside.
Right, because everyone who has piercings or tattoos is an emotionally scarred person who has been repeatedly abused and mistreated or hates themselves or everyone else.

They're also criminals, thugs, gangsters, sadists, etc. who never went to college and probably didn't even get halfway through the fourth grade, right? Got a tattoo of Tom and Jerry right after they started that food fight in the cafeteria and got sent to detention?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM

236 posts, read 860,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Great, another tattoo-bashing thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Exactly...
I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to bash anyone. If you do not want to take part in answering my question, then don't. Simple as that!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I don't have any tattoos but I've always wanted one on my ankle or the inside of my wrist. The problem is, I know once it's there it can't be changed which is why I have never had it done. I'm afraid I'd get tired of looking at it and unlike jewelry, you can't just take it off and put something different on.
Yep, and you will. 15 years later you'll get tired of that(possibly wilted) flower on your chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And you're right.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:43 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im being nice here because Im willing to bet most chicks with tats didnt go to or finish college.
Moderator cut: snip I have multiple tattoos, and both a Bachelor's and Master's Degree. And guess what I do for a living? I'm a librarian of all things, LOL. Oh yeah, and about half of the library staff (which is 90% female) is also tattooed - and you MUST have a Master's degree to be a librarian. I also know many other college-educated professionals who are tattooed, from lawyers to nurses & teachers. Whoops, there goes your stupid theory!

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-19-2011 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:51 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
Okay, so what is the point in having a tattoo? Really, what is so great about them?
I think they're pretty, and they appeal to my artistic side... as for "what's so great about them," that is a rather silly question & not even worth dignifying with an answer.

Quote:
They're tackey and useless.
Your opinion... I think comments (and threads) like these are tacky & useless, so there you go. I also think certain clothing is tacky, but I'm not about to attack somebody for wearing them.

Quote:
What do they tell people? You like Tweety bird so much that you need to put him on your thigh?
I don't tell people anything unless they ask, and most of mine are covered by normal clothing... I also don't have anything like Tweety Bird, so that's not an issue

Quote:
[*]Do you regret the tattoo(s)?
I have many tattoos, and no I don't regret any of them... there are a few I'd choose differently if given the chance, but they're all a part of me now (like photo memories in a different media).

Quote:
[*]What was the reason for the tattoo(s)?
Uhhhhhh... I wanted them?

Quote:
[*]What does the tattoo say about you?[/list]
That I'm a person who likes tattoos, LOL. Each one of mine has a different meaning, from cultural to simple artistic appeal... I also have one memorial tattoo, but it's not a "RIP" or anything (you wouldn't know the meaning unless I explained). I lost somebody very special, and it's healing to remember him fondly when I see that tattoo. It makes me laugh, since it represents a goofy side of him.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I dont have any tattoos but my boyfriend's chest and upper arms are covered in the art by a famous tattoo artist. I have to say I enjoy them very much. He is cut and they are bright colored imagery so it looks very nice to me.
Ugh, so basically he colored his upper body like he's a coloring book? Yeah, very nice. It must be something pleasant to look at when strolling on the beach. What is the tattoo of? A Flamingo, a dragon... colorful mermaid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
The comment about the dead is rather rude FYI. I really don't see the difference between that or buying a headstone. Its just a memorial of someone you loved on the flesh instead of on the ground.
Sorry if that insulted you. Buying a headstone is typically to symbolize where the person was burried. Some poeople like to visit their >insert loved ones name here< headstones, because that's usually a place they like to mourn.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty