Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I think you have a point there!
I tend to believe whether it be male or female, there's a bit of poetic justice happening to those folks: the inner (heart reflected) turning into the outer.
I've seen no ancedotal evidence or scientific to back up her statements at all. Sounds more like sour grapes, she never said any of the pretty girls were horrible people.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Imagine someone who used to be good looking but was heavily into partying, drinking, smoking, drugs, etc... that stuff can rapidly contribute to faster aging. Even certain cosmetics like makeup that actually makes you look far worse but yet without it they'd look even uglier.

Of course, it can also be genetic too.
Lindsay Lohan looks and sounds like she is in her late 30s but is actually 25.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Going to a reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Someone else mentioned a high school reunion and I went to my 40th one several years ago and it really is a good way to compare your memories of your classmates as well as their yearbook photos with how they've aged. I didn't even recognize most of them as I'm sure they didn't recognize me. I really felt that the aging process was pretty equal with both genders at least in that group. It also went from one extreme to the other. There were men and women who looked like they lived in old folks homes but there were also very healthy and attractive individuals as well. I remember one of the women was a knockout and could have passed for 35. It's just a matter of lifestyle and the luck or bad luck of your genetics for the most part.
I've been to all my reunions. We're all people, we will all age. At my last reunion, there were some there that had never been and I actually don't remember this but I had to give some speech and I'm pictured on stage with a great guy. Well, long story but several of these guys are now gone - forever. One was killed in a bike accident - a car hit him near the beach and the other guy died of cancer. (The guy I was pictured with is now gone).

I went to a huge high school, didn't really want to be there initially b/c I came from the private school sector but I got used to it and met some really nice people along the way. From time to time, we have these local get togethers and I went to one recently. I was stunned at how many people were there! Yes, some looked different but tons have friended me on FB and we've become friendly where we probably would not have been years ago.

My mom used to say - it's not what's on the outside, it's what is on the inside. Too bad it takes us years to figure this one out.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:24 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
I havent aged a day since i left HS. Its been 10 years. I have no wrinkles, no signs of "age" (hey, im young!) my hair looks better (i take so much better care of it now) and overall my face is like an improved, not older, version of my teen face. People often think im 20 or 21 and i often get carded when going out.

The only department in wich i look worst is: body. I ve gained solid 30 lbs since i ended HS. I was skinny then, and im not overweight now, just normal weight. But my body was my strong point at that time and i didnt even knew it. How sad!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
They're called bioidentical hormones, the fountain of youth for many. Diet, exercise & skincare also help. I'm 40 & with no m/u on am guessed as 30-34.

As for lifespan, yes for thousands of years that was about 50-60 for women. Truly reproducing is a woman's only raison d'etre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, the stuff that causes cancer.
I'm gonna go get right on that, even though the women in my family look amazing without taking Premarin.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And yet, we live longer than men.......
Greed is known to prolong the lives of some people.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
"It's not the age, it's the miles."

Aging happens to everyone. Genetics plays a large part. Life leaves a few marks. The biggest factor comes from lifestyle choices. Because poor lifestyle choices often occur alongside other poor lifestyle choices, people who make those poor choices tend to age fast. Some of the damage is reversible by adopting a healthy lifestyle, especially when it comes to dietary choices.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM

541 posts, read 861,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Men look better when they age, and for women it is the complete opposite.
Don't agree. Aging depends on many factors and your post sounds like a script from a made for t.v. movie about High School reunions.

Personally, I've seen both males and females who have poorly aged, sometimes just a few years after High School. Gender and popularity or lack of it have nothing to do with it.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Men know subconsciously that many woman whether we all want to admit it or not, do not age gracefully.

As I said this does not pertain to every single woman, but it is something I would like to look into. Men look better when they age, and for women it is the complete opposite.
My DH is reconnecting with people he knew in high school and college via FB. These people are in their early-mid sixties. As a whole the women look a LOT better than the men. I don't even recognize 3/4's of the men because of hair loss and weight gain. DH has agreed with me. (He's shown me some of the photos that just have guys in them and he's asked me if I can ID them because he can't. The women he can pick out. He says they all look like their mothers. )

As for your first statement. What?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
They're called bioidentical hormones
The efficacy of which has never been proven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty