Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,515 times

Advertisements

I don't get most major mall brands:

- Banana Republic - poor quality and fit is usually a size large.

- J.Crew - I like the preppy look, but their quality has gone downhill over the last few years

- Express - junk, junk, and more junk

- Lands Ends - poor quality and fit is too large

- Forever 21 - I like the look, but quality is poor (price point is good though)

These and more are why I no longer go into malls to do clothes shopping. The lone mall brand I still "like" is brooks brothers.

I'll just stick to Epaulet, Howard Yount, Wings + Horns, Rag & Bone, etc., even though they may cost an arm and a leg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Abercrombie and Fitch - Love the music (they were playing dance well before anybody locally but me listened to it), but the idea of buying jeans that are priced at $100 just because they have the A & F label strikes me as a bit ridiculous. Also responsible for the dreaded "bro" fad. Also, their store seems a bit sparsely stocked, as in there is a lot of "negative space". I hate negative space!

Hollister - Seriously? A & F needs another store?

GAP Kids (or any of the "Kids" stores spin-offs) - I don't get the idea of expensive kids' clothing.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Body Central and Know Style. They're nothing but spandex and polyester skin right club wear. Which I guess is the appeal. When you're buying clothes to go to places where you're at a high risk for getting drinks/vomit on you, you want something cheap to wear but I don't know why you would purposely dress like a Jersey Shore cast member except for Halloween.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM

472 posts, read 1,098,028 times
I just don't like the style of urban outfitters plus I think they're overpriced for what they sell. Forever 21 well, you get what you pay for. I've gotten lucky and found a few good tops there that have lasted but their stuff has gotten real boxy.

I don't care for h&m either really. I think Zara is a better alternative.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:48 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Clothing that advertises itself (t-shirts with GAP in huge letters)

I recently went to the mall for some business-like suits. Has everything always been so cheap, and I notice more the older I get? Or is the clothing sold in the U.S just all made so poorly? I spent well over $200 on pants and a blazer from Express, the snaps on the pants fell off the first time I wore them. Made in China, whatdya know?! Where can I get decent, classly clothing thats not made in China (or any Asian country), but won't cost my entire paycheck either?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
The Gap
UO
Banana Republic
American Apparel
Hollister

Everything looks all the same and cookie cutter in those stores bleh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty