Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:31 PM

861 posts, read 1,125,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
By the way, the new Miss Universe 2011, Leila Lopes from Angola, is astonishing.

credit of this picture: MISS UNIVERSE 2011 WINNER - MISS ANGOLA LEILA LOPES / QUESTION AND ANSWER PORTION VIDEO

After winning the crown two days ago in Sao Paulo, Brazil, she is spending a few days in Rio de Janeiro (she is Angolan, so, she speaks Portuguese, the same language of Brazil).

Here is a picture of her in a restaurant of Rio de Janeiro today:

credit of this picture: Jornal do Brasil - Heloisa Tolipan - Exclusivo: a Miss Universo Leila Lopes no Rio; churrascaria e pães de queijo

A very beautiful girl!

I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
What kind of modeling are you looking into??? Why the sudden interest in that and pageantry?
Commercial modeling mostly I thinking about getting into fitness modeling as well. I've always wanted to model but couldn't because I was told I was too short and too fat for high fashion

Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,840,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
Commercial modeling mostly I thinking about getting into fitness modeling as well. I've always wanted to model but couldn't because I was told I was too short and too fat for high fashion
If you are too fat for high fashion...how will you do fitness modeling. my boss does it, she has crazy caves. It's almost un attractive.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
If you are too fat for high fashion...how will you do fitness modeling. my boss does it, she has crazy caves. It's almost un attractive.
Because most high fashion agencies want to to be taller than 5'7 and bone thin which I'm not so I can't get into that....

Old 09-18-2011, 11:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,977,781 times
Quote:
You have to be in super duper shape to do fitness modeling. Here is a typical fitness model. These are not your bodybuilding women, but they are not too far from that. These are usually the women who are personal trainers in most gyms.

You must not only be really very very pretty, you are probably also a member of 2-3 gyms AND workout twice per day or so.

Super Fitness Model Jennifer Nicole Lee, Sexiest Women of the World 2010, Modeling Tips - YouTube

Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You have to be in super duper shape to do fitness modeling. Here is a typical fitness model. These are not your bodybuilding women, but they are not too far from that. These are usually the women who are personal trainers in most gyms.

You must not only be really very very pretty, you are probably also a member of 2-3 gyms AND workout twice per day or so.

Super Fitness Model Jennifer Nicole Lee, Sexiest Women of the World 2010, Modeling Tips - YouTube
LOL why 2-3 gyms isn't one enough? Thanks for the advice though!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:35 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,408,694 times
OP, how old are you?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,977,781 times
Quote:
LOL why 2-3 gyms isn't one enough? Thanks for the advice though!
I think you know what I was getting at. Have you entered any Fitness competitions yet? Just about ALL of the fitness models start with the fitness competitions. The only fitness models who didnt do the competitions are the athletes.

I know a LOT of really fit, really beautiful girls, and while there is never a shortage of people who want to take their pictures, becoming an actual Fitness Model is tough. Even for these hot girls here in Los Angeles. You not only need the looks, you also must have the resume. Just wondering if you have all of this or if this is just a dream of yours.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:22 AM

78,517 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Do you need to have a certain height, weight, look etc.????
You need to be from venezuela, be about 22 and look like Sophia Veragas.
(Not too far from the truth.)

Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,719,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think you know what I was getting at. Have you entered any Fitness competitions yet? Just about ALL of the fitness models start with the fitness competitions. The only fitness models who didnt do the competitions are the athletes.

I know a LOT of really fit, really beautiful girls, and while there is never a shortage of people who want to take their pictures, becoming an actual Fitness Model is tough. Even for these hot girls here in Los Angeles. You not only need the looks, you also must have the resume. Just wondering if you have all of this or if this is just a dream of yours.
Of the ones know they started on commercial to build up a resume. Most everyone did have some sort of training/classes on how to move in front of the camera etc.

I suggest:
- training - body, movement and professional attitude grooming
- find agent - note that if they are taking more from you than 10-15%, or charge you to do anything they are a scam artist. You will need pictures though and depending on the agency you may have to pay a photographer for that.

I don't know where you are in the US but you probably should move to NYC or LA to really find decent pay and steady work. LA is more commercial and if you are not from there you may stand out more in the market if you retain yourself. Its not just the sexy look that sells. Fresh faced always makes more steady money and leaves the doors open to do more things. Make sure you don't pigeon hole yourself to sexy looks only. And stay away from nudity of any type. There are companies you will never get a job with if the find out you did that. And if you lie, get the job, and later on the find out they can sue you. Do not sell your image to stock photo places. And do check any contracts for mother agency and auto renewal clauses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty