Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:24 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times

Advertisements

I think it started with repressed homosexual lust for Marky Mark (for the era, his was considered a smokin'-hot body, and he was frequently photographed shirtless, with a lot of underwear showing). And the look just kept getting more extreme over the DECADES. But you couldn't admit that, because Marky Mark was white(ish). So, they made up that prison thing as a backstory for Saggin', just like they made up that narrative of 'Brothas in slave chains' narrative to justify the welded chains around their license plates.

So, do Saggers use Spray-fix to keep their pants from falling down, like Beauty Contestants do, to glue their tacky swimsuits to their tuchis? I mean, how does that work? Safety Pins?

Anyway, I love the look, because it tells me, in no uncertain terms: DANGER AHEAD! This is ek-specially true of white boys who run around saggin'. You pretty-much know that they are: A) Jonesin' for a big black ---- up their ---. B) Borderline-retarded. C) Utterly depraved and dangerous.

And I think it's a great way for people too stupid to acknowledge their own homosexuality to even themselves, to walk around advertizing BOO-TAY!

I mean, if you're some inarticulate closet case who "hates Gays", and you are lookin' to be able to say "Got so messed up, man, it was the drugs...I'm not no Homo... It was just the blunts and joints and meth and all...." then what better way to invite 'being taken advantage of' than running around with your butt wrapped in Polka Dot Granny Pants....and pulled out of your jeans, just ready for plucking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 05:27 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It's horrible and makes the wearers of this fashion walk as if they are crippled or at least badly injured.
I call it the penguin walk.

It's obvious that it takes a lot of effort .Weird that anyone would force themselves to be so uncomfortable for "fashion". Sort of like when women wore really tight girdles to cinch their waists.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:29 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
It's nasty and if my son ever starts wearing his clothes like that, he will have to find a new place to live. I don't play when it comes to my kids.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-11-2011, 05:38 PM

483 posts, read 854,462 times
A few years ago, I asked a couple of teenage boys why do they wear their pants sagging and if they knew about the prison connotation associated with it. They laughed and told me that the prison story was untrue and they liked the look of it. It looks so bad.... I don't get it, can't they see that they look like dips@!ts?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:25 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
I loved one time when I saw one of these lowlives being stopped by the cops. The cop was searching this wannabe and his car and yanked his pants right down to his ankles. It was absolutely hilarious to see this black thug with his pants around his ankles and this stupid look on his face. The cop then went on to continue searching the car, all the while, having the moron standing there with his pants down. If I'd have thought of it, I would have taken a pic or a video.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM

393 posts, read 891,692 times
It's just a fad. It's already on the way out.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:02 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddock_laker View Post
It's just a fad. It's already on the way out.
This "fad" has been around for 2 decades. When is it going to just go away for good?? The saggy pants look bad enough. When the morons where them so their entire azz is hanging out is just purely disgusting.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,547 times
barf.com

Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
15+ years ago, while I was still teaching and this fad hit this area of the state, I always had heavy jute rope cut in 3 ft. lengths and gave it to the kids I had ( 13 and younger) to tie up the pants in my class. Why? Safety hazard. You ever see a kid trip on these on a stair? it isn't pretty. One student told me the purpose was to give as much space as possible to "hide stuff".[ Use your imagination -- I was teaching in a ghetto.]

Old 09-11-2011, 10:51 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,020 times
why not just pull them all the way down? why not just take them off and walk around in your boxers while you're at it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty