Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,024,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong. Its rare to find a woman who wouldn't like a quality natural skincare package, with various cremes.
Was thinking of getting it for a few different women in my life for Xmas presents, relatives or otherwise.
Sound present?
I would never buy skin care products for a woman unless I KNOW FOR SURE that it is something she uses and likes. Women are very VERY picky about their beauty products and there is just so much out there to choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM

615 posts, read 1,679,231 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. Its rare to find a woman who wouldn't like a quality natural skincare package, with various cremes.
Was thinking of getting it for a few different women in my life for Xmas presents, relatives or otherwise.
Sound present?
I'm in agreement with the others. ONLY get this for the person that you know for sure will put use to the gift. There are too many things to consider when making a skincare purchase.

Most women love a day at a Spa, mani-pedi, facial/massage, etc..........

Old 11-30-2011, 01:58 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,632,246 times
How about burning a music mix for them -- one of my favorite gifts has been a mix of not-typical Christmas songs (Jimmy Buffett, Leon Redbone, Manhattan Transfer, etc.) -- together with a nice card (maybe using a photo of you & giftee together) and perhaps a few gourmet hot cocoa mixes. I think that would be a lovely gift to receive.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:09 PM

530 posts, read 782,742 times
We interrupt this thread to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a
THRILLING NEW YEAR, or a reasonable facsimile therof.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled timely and informative posts.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:18 PM

181 posts, read 685,856 times
No Skincare products ! That's a no-no. I would try getting them each perfume instead.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:42 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,059,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
No Skincare products ! That's a no-no. I would try getting them each perfume instead.
Only if you know which perfume is the receiver's favourite AND if it is still currently her favourite.

Many years ago, I bought a famous designer perfume to try on since it received so much positive reviews. I liked it for a while, but when everyone else around me smelled the same as I did, I started having a second thought. The bottle was still almost full after I stopped liking it, but since I did not want to waste good money, I continued to wear it until it's all gone. Two years later, I received a bottle of that same brand as a gift!

Perfume as a gift can be a very bad choice.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 12-03-2011 at 04:52 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM

181 posts, read 685,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Wanderer View Post
Only if you know which perfume is the receiver's favourite AND if it is still currently her favourite.

Many years ago, I bought a famous designer perfume to try on since it received so much positive reviews. I liked it for a while, but when everyone else around me smelled the same as I did, I started having a second thought. The bottle was still almost full after I stopped liking it, but since I did not want to waste good money, I continued to wear it until it's all gone. Two years later, I received a bottle of that same brand as a gift!

Perfume as a gift can be a very bad choice.
I disagree. Perfume is usually pretty harmless ... If they don't like it, they can return it. It's a simple gift to return. Chances are they will like it .. most perfumes smell pretty darn nice. I'd be happy to get 85% of the perfumes out there as a gift.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:26 PM

15,174 posts, read 27,912,583 times
I totally disagree that most perfumes smell nice. I haven't found a perfume I've liked in years - the scent changes on me, it's too flowery, etc. - I would never buy someone a perfume unless I KNEW it was something they wanted.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:43 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,059,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
I disagree. Perfume is usually pretty harmless ... If they don't like it, they can return it. It's a simple gift to return. Chances are they will like it .. most perfumes smell pretty darn nice. I'd be happy to get 85% of the perfumes out there as a gift.

I would not. I am very picky about my scent just as I am with my clothing. They are my signature and I do not change my signature for something that just smells nice. My loved ones said when they smell a certain fragrance, they're reminded of me, that's one of the reasons I stay with the two perfumes that are part of my identity.

Yes, return is easy, but giving someone a gift with the idea that "it's a simple gift to return" would defeat the purpose of finding the perfect gift, the gift that requires thoughts and consideration.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 12-03-2011 at 07:00 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,161,577 times
Quote:
I don't know if they all like or use it (except one of them). But its a top of the line and well respected brand in my country. Too bad if they don't lol its the thought that counts right? lol
They can always return for a refund I guess.
Depending on the brand, I'd like this gift..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty