Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you rather be?
Curvy 84 46.93%
Slim 95 53.07%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,997,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I've seen slimmer woman with big butts. One of my best friends has that type of body. I call it the Chicago build LOL. A lot of the black girls in the inner city Chicago areas, would have slim legs and a huge ghetto booty. It didn't look "lumpy"--it did look odd to me though lol(when I first noticed this). But it isn't unheard of. However in regards to that woman who posted she had big butt, 145-150 pounds at 5ft8, I cannot see how that would be a "big butt" at all, unless most of her weight was in her a** lol. Some women say they have big butts and in reality their butt might be "bigger" than average but not "big". Maybe it's because I'm a woman of color and the definition of a big butt to me is always asssociated with the video models or etc which for the most part the average European woman does not have... I've seen big a**** and a majority of the time the woman was always "thicker" to go with it and weighed more on the scale than what she probably needed to at her height. But obviously that's subjective as well.
I have what I think is an objective standard of beauty. I do not and can not be that. I am happy with who I am, but the shape of my own old body does not blind my judgment of beauty. My husband is not physically the most attractive man. What does that mean, anyway? The standard of being a wonderful person who is engaged in life is a lot more enticing to me than physical attractiveness, which fades. That should not be the standard by which we value a human being, no?

So, my own genetic inheritance does not blind my opinion. I am not less of a person, less valuable, because I do not meet that standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,250,611 times
I'm slim and I'm fine with my figure.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwestersail View Post
Healthy is the first point.
In fact all men like plump ladies!!!
No. You're just wrong. There are all sorts of men in the world. Some are even fetishists. In places where nudity, esp, top nudity is allowed men tend not to find breasts having as much appeal as they do here. Tastes vary and extra fat deposits here and there are not attractive to all men. Look at the really fat fertility figures that we dig up. That was attractive because the fat meant wealth and never going hungry. Now, there is a different standard. Look at those sexy professionals on Dancing with the Stars. They are not considered plump, are they?

Kirstie Ally and Sherrie what's her name are plump and I think that's a real turn off.

As a matter of fact, when people are tested it seems as though overweight men are more acceptable to the public than overweight women.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,171,083 times
I'm an hourglass athletic. I have naturally wide hips and larger breasts, however I'm really athletic so I "bulk" a bit more since I'm already curvy. I'm actually loving my body type more as I'm past my highschool/college lack of confidence phase. I'm trying to get the muscle mass back I used to have because I like the look of my body "solid" better than when I was a thin track runner.

It used to give me grief until I went to the doctor and realized that my body composition is the lowest it can be until I'm "unhealthy", then I realized I'm extremely healthy and lucky

Love your bodies the way they are!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:40 PM

Yeah. We're stuck with the way we are, so we should be at peace with that.

My problem is that clothing manufacturers offer the most choices for pretty much figures of a certain ratio of hips to waist to bust. If you deviate from that to much you look odd and clothes don't fit you right.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:10 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,392,194 times
I find thin women not the least attractive whatsoever.

I have always been in shape because I'm a distance runner and have completed many 50K trail races and road marathons.
My tastes in women however are not to be found in the sport that I love so much.

I have never dated a woman that was below a size 16. Most of my past relationships were with women that were averaging a size 20.

Yes, I'm what you call a BBW lover.
My wife is a size 20 and is in good health.

There are many attractive men who seek out and marry women of beautiful size.

Trust me just because your thin and " in shape" doesn't mean everyone finds your scrawny ass attractive.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,936,569 times
I guess I would have to say curvy over slim, since that's how I've always looked since I was about 12 years old (I was 5'6" in 6th grade---tallest kid in school--even taller than all the boys and some of the teachers!) I like how I look but could stand to lose about 25-30 pounds. I am 5'11", 42D, size 18 jeans, a lot of muscle mass. I should weigh no more than about 175 lbs, but I weigh just over 200 lbs. (OMG---this is the first time EVER I have actually shared my weight on a public forum. I was always too shy to do it. I guess my shyness is wearing off!) I've always attributed my stature to my Danish/Vikings roots! LOL!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:00 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,690,570 times
I still say it's nice when you can have it both ways. I'm a size 4/6 so definitely slim, but I've birthed seven children so have hips and nice-sized breasts, which also makes me curvy. I think curvaceousness (but not TOO curvy) looks very feminine, though.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,862,607 times
I'm a man, but curvy all the way!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,869,361 times
Lots of women are only either listing their breast size or their pants size,neither of which determines curviness.

Example,you can be 42D,but that alone doesn't tell me much.
What are the size of your waist and hips? If its 26 inch waist and 34 inch hips,that's not curvy.

Same with size. Size 20 doesn't tell me anything. She may have a size 20 pants,but what's the size of the waist and hips?

Another thing people got confuesed is regarding muscle tone.
You could be full of cellulite and soft,with no visible muscle tone,and still curvy.
You could have great muscle defination"solid" is the word and still not have curves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty