Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,515 times

Advertisements

I generally dress up during the week for work (think dress shirts, dress shores, chinos, blazers, cardigans, etc). However, I struggle with weekend wear. I often find that I'm too dressed up on the weekend.

What are some suggestions that you like for mens weekend wear?

Today, I'm planning on wearing:
Gray Chinos
Boat Shoes
Pink Dress Shirt (top 2/3 buttons unbottoned)
Gray Cardigan unbuttoned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 09:12 AM
s06

105 posts, read 256,475 times
That sounds nice; it's more creative than jeans and a t-shirt.

Maybe you'd like to look at this fashion website, for inspiration. If you click on "guys", you can look at the combinations that men from around the world come up with.

http://lookbook.nu/

Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Thumbs up, except the dress shirt. Don't waste it on the weekend. There are pink non-iron sports shirts.

I'm wearing my azure full sleeve polo, layered with two V-necks inside and Corduroy pale black pants (Levi's slim pants), pale green sperry laceless shoes. I have learned that loose pants do no good to sperry shoes as they hide half of the shoe. It's still chilly here, despite wonderful sunny weather.

I got this J Crew shorts some time back for this polo alone. The colour combination would be nice in the spring and summer. It's gotta warm up a bit outside and the crocodile's gonna come out of the water and hunt.

Club short in oxford cloth - club shorts - Men's shorts - J.Crew

Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Question well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I generally dress up during the week for work (think dress shirts, dress shores, chinos, blazers, cardigans, etc). However, I struggle with weekend wear. I often find that I'm too dressed up on the weekend.

What are some suggestions that you like for mens weekend wear?

Today, I'm planning on wearing:
Gray Chinos
Boat Shoes
Pink Dress Shirt (top 2/3 buttons unbottoned)
Gray Cardigan unbuttoned
Are you staying home or going on a regata?
Koale

Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Thumbs up, except the dress shirt. Don't waste it on the weekend. There are pink non-iron sports shirts.

I'm wearing my azure full sleeve polo, layered with two V-necks inside and Corduroy pale black pants (Levi's slim pants), pale green sperry laceless shoes. I have learned that loose pants do no good to sperry shoes as they hide half of the shoe. It's still chilly here, despite wonderful sunny weather.

I got this J Crew shorts some time back for this polo alone. The colour combination would be nice in the spring and summer. It's gotta warm up a bit outside and the crocodile's gonna come out of the water and hunt.

Club short in oxford cloth - club shorts - Men's shorts - J.Crew
I don't want to sound critical because you sound very earnest & do care about how you look, but triple layering a polo with 2 v-necks sounds douchey & is gonna look hella bulky. It's almost as bad as those frat bros who double pop their collars on their layered polo's.

imho if it's weekend, guys should take the opportunity to ditch their biz casual uniform and rock your denim while you can (super baggy carpenter jeans & drop-crotches excepted of course).

Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
I don't want to sound critical because you sound very earnest & do care about how you look, but triple layering a polo with 2 v-necks sounds douchey & is gonna look hella bulky. It's almost as bad as those frat bros who double pop their collars on their layered polo's.

imho if it's weekend, guys should take the opportunity to ditch their biz casual uniform and rock your denim while you can (super baggy carpenter jeans & drop-crotches excepted of course).
Appreciate your douchebag concern, but I'm not sure if you are picturing it right.

It's a full sleeve polo, and the under tees are V-necks. Nobody can even spot them unless I pull my shirt up to show it or one of the crocodile's girls is disrobing him for recreational purposes.

I always wear un undergarment like Tee, mostly those cheap ones from old navy. They do their job. Very thin, cotton and also protects the polo from sweat so I don't have to wash it every 2 days. And it was chilly all weekend and layering is a way of life in CT. So it was a wardrobe built for convenience and style. The crocodile was out all day Saturday and Sunday, layered and was warm, despite visiting the beach to check out his seawater cousins.

The layering in the summer was also born out of public embarrassment when an older and bolder woman pressed one of the crocodile's nipples like pushing a calling bell button and said, "Nice". I was way too shocked and started the habit of wearing at least one V-neck underneath.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,330 times
Cool Cheap Sunglasses

With the wide selection of top quality brands to choose from, you will definitely find the cheap sunglasses that fit your needs and preferences.

sunglasseswebshop.com

Last edited by kumarsujan25; 04-07-2012 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Link problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty