Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

What's your opinion on the following things women do to beautify themselves?

From a male perspective:

High heels - Okay for the occasional night out, but sometimes women tottering around in them just look silly. Wearing heels constantly is subjecting yourself to pain for the sake of fashion.

Painting nails - I actually never got why so many women were into painting their finger and tone nails. I have no problem if they want to make themselves pretty but in terms of attraction it doesn't change anything for me.

Eye-shadow/eye-liner/mascara: Maybe a bit, but personally, too many girls just overdo it. If you can tell within a second she's wearing dark eye shadow it's too much.

Lip-stick/lip-gloss: Kind of indifferent to it, really. Don't really like to taste lipstick though.

The fastidious use of moisturizer/lotions/scrubs: It's good to want to have good skin, but you can probably overdo it. Some women act like blackheads or pores are the size of small craters lol.

Foundation etc. I guess is more subtle.

Eye lash extensions/fake eyelashes: To be honest I viewed them as a bit silly and also unnecessary.

Jewelry - Kind of neutral on it. Not a fan of too much jewelry on anyone.

Hair dye - No problem wanting a change now and then, but changing colour every month or so is overdoing it a wee bit. The bottle blonde fad went outta control for a little while (for both sexes really).

Fake breasts - Unless you're like an A or small B cup and you really feel the need to, I think the balloon like breasts are a result of male fetishism.

Fake tan - I know real tanning can be harmful...I like the bronzed look if doesn't make you look like an oompa loompa.

Women's clothing in general - Seems to be geared to be sexy: revealing, figure-hugging.

I'm not trying to be judgemental, doesn't make me think less of women who do that, thought it'd be an interesting thread topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Saw this yesterday and thought it was apt. Your threads remind me of this:

Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Saw this yesterday and thought it was apt. Your threads remind me of this:
Just stop it, okay?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 AM

http://www.donutstodelirium.com/wp-content/uploads/pig-wearing-lipstick.jpg (broken link)

Is she more feminine than a tomboy?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:50 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
What a gorgeous pig!!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
What a gorgeous pig!!
Sure is! If I were a boar, she'd be my sow!

Old 03-29-2012, 09:06 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
The assumption of the OP is that women are doing all of this to impress men, which isn't necessarily the case. A lot (not all, of course) of beauty and fashion is to please herself first, and other women mostly. Ladies know that most men wouldn't know a peplum if it fell out of the sky and couldn't tell the difference between a pump and an espadrille.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The assumption of the OP is that women are doing all of this to impress men, which isn't necessarily the case. A lot (not all, of course) of beauty and fashion is to please herself first, and other women mostly. Ladies know that most men wouldn't know a peplum if it fell out of the sky.
LOL fleetie. I had to look up peplum!!

Here's a dress with one:

Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
I've grown to slightly dislike women who make-up too much. They'll be prettier than the crocodile.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I've grown to slightly dislike women who make-up too much. They'll be prettier than the crocodile.
If they're truly way prettier than you, they probably won't be wearing too much make-up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty