Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 PM

134 posts, read 495,454 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am thinking about getting permanent eyeliner. Has anyone done any permanent makeup procedures or know of people who have? Anyone have any experiences or suggestions?

Thanks.

Joycie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Remember Tammy Faye Baker? The TV Evangelist show singer? She not only had tatooed eye liner, but lip liner too.

If it goes out of style, how would you get it off?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:05 PM

You don't! That's the bad thing. I wouldn't do anything drastic. It's just that I am getting older and it's sometimes hard to get it on straight. Plus, I need my dang glasses...so it gets very complicated. I wouldn't get the color black and I wouldn't get a thick line, just a line close to the lashes to accent my eyes.

Joycie

Old 09-28-2007, 10:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I know exactly what you mean, Joycie..I use a big magnified lighted makeup mirror to put my makeup on with, because I don't see much without my glasses either., then have to put the glasses back on to dig through my makeup kit. I also thought about permanent eyeliner, because I will probably poke an eye out one of these days getting it on I don't think I will get the tatooed eye liner though, because at my age it would probably just make me look like an old floozy

Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
heh
My same friends who had the eyelid surgery also did the permanent eyeliner, one of them got her lips done as well.
Apparently, it does fade over time, but it stays there a good long while.
I would make sure a professionally trained esthetician does it.
Permanent makeup
My friend looked very much like the middle photo right after she got hers done, her lips were swollen for several days. (Click on photo to enlarge.)

Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
And when you get older and older, the eyelashes get thinner and thinner, but you will still have that nice black line on the edge there.

It's a pain putting it on, no doubt about that, but by the time you really can't do a good job with the liner, you probably won't be able to get the mascara on smoothly either.

There's nothing sillier looking than an older woman with overdone eye makeup. It's soooo easy to get on too much.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I had my eyes and lips done in 2002. My eyeliner was very minimal but gave me a good base and some eyeliner for those days that I don't wear makeup. It has stayed pretty well although I do augment this for when I want dramatic eyes.

For my lips I had liner and fill. Both have faded. The esthetician did them a second time but that faded as well. I chalked it up to my lips preferring to remain plain jane.

I would do it again. I did make sure to go to a very experienced, licensed person.

Just wanted to also mention that when ladies have mastectomy many choose to have reconstructive surgery which includes placing an areola back. As you know, to get the natural pink look of the areola one has to have tattooing. I used the lady that was one of the main tattoo artists for breast cancer survivors in San Antonio. She branched out into face makeup for the cancer patients to give them the color that they desired due to their medical condition and tiredness in putting make up on everyday. They so loved being able to get up each day and feel somewhat made up when all the energy they had was to get dressed.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the responses and to Cil, I do think the picture of the woman healed looked pretty darn good. I like her lips, too. They look very natural and that is what I would want for myself.

Joyce

Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
I have a friend who paid top dollar for eyebrows 2 years ago and they have already faded to an awful shade of red! So she had to have them redone.

Probably the best way to find out if you are headed down the right track is see some people who had what you want done a couple years ago. Permanent doesn't seem to be always permanent!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM

224 posts, read 777,636 times
Both my mom and my mother-in-law had their eyeliner tattooed. My mother-in-law's looks great, she hasn't had to do anything to it in almost 4 years. My mom's did not take. She had to go back and have it redone a 2nd time, and even now she still has to apply eyeliner to even things out. I guess it just goes to show that each person is different and our bodies will react differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty