Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

I think everyone on the planet should judge their prospective partners by how fat or thin or beautiful or ugly they are and it really should not matter how terrible their personality is and when they get old and wrinkled like you will then you can trade them in for one much younger except they won't have you unless you have lots of money and live like the playboy king in the playboy mansion and provide absolutely everything for them including those plastic inserts that give them their curves...........

Seriously, sheesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Now maybe I'm not to judge. I'm a straight female and with guys I'm a real nazi with weight prefferences. But it makes sense to me. Like a guy is supposed to be thin with little excess fat on him. I am actually the type that doesn't like muscles on guys because they can look like fat imo... But with a woman it's different it's like to me women have room. Fat is feminine. It is scientifically. This is why very heavyset men can't have kids as well as if they were skinny. So why is it wrong to say a women is fat?
People have their preferences just like you seem to have your preferences for really skinny guys. Why would it be wrong for others to see a certain size as physically unattractive but it's okay for you to? If that's your preference, okay, but if you're going to have your own strict preferences don't be surprised when other people have theirs, too.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 PM

192 posts, read 438,547 times
Judging by your statements and your photo illustration above, There's some femininity in a women up to, say 150lbs and 5'9" to 6' IF she's reasonably toned but beyond that obese comes to mind.
Sorry, but that's my take. Now if she's 6'3" and 175lbs, then amazon comes to mind.
I'm 6' and 240lbs so if she's bigger than me, that's a real deal breaker!

T.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Judging by your statements and your photo illustration above, There's some femininity in a women up to, say 150lbs and 5'9" to 6' IF she's reasonably toned but beyond that obese comes to mind.
Sorry, but that's my take. Now if she's 6'3" and 175lbs, then amazon comes to mind.
I'm 6' and 240lbs so if she's bigger than me, that's a real deal breaker!

T.
I think it depends on the way she carries her weight. I'm 6'1 and around 195 and I'm a comfortable size 13. Anything under 170 or so makes me look a bit too thin because I do have wide hips and a very deep ribcage. I'm just meant to carry a bit extra weight. Even at 240 (my biggest) I was still only a size 16, not exactly huge by most people's judgement.

150 lbs is practically skeletal on me...I was 154 after tonsillitis surgery many years back and my aunt actually asked my mom if I was Anorexic or bulemic. Soooo, every woman carries weight differently.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 PM

517 posts, read 999,178 times
I meant more on an individual basis. Like my question was why is fat considered a bad word. I mean it in a clinical sense not good or bad more like why then who should do what.....

Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 PM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
Fat on men or women is unattractive to me. It's more than just an issue of aesthetics....but more so about a perception of laziness. I just don't get how some can let themselves get so big without getting off their asses and doing something about it.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 PM

517 posts, read 999,178 times
I'm the laziest person you'll ever meet and pretty tiny... I don't think weight always has to do with laziness there are very healthy obese people just like lazy skinny people...

Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it depends on the way she carries her weight. I'm 6'1 and around 195 and I'm a comfortable size 13. Anything under 170 or so makes me look a bit too thin because I do have wide hips and a very deep ribcage. I'm just meant to carry a bit extra weight. Even at 240 (my biggest) I was still only a size 16, not exactly huge by most people's judgement.

150 lbs is practically skeletal on me...I was 154 after tonsillitis surgery many years back and my aunt actually asked my mom if I was Anorexic or bulemic. Soooo, every woman carries weight differently.
I've seen you post your size a few times and always wondered...where are you buying these odd numbered clothes? I thought women's clothing was always even numbers and teens clothes were odd?

Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I've seen you post your size a few times and always wondered...where are you buying these odd numbered clothes? I thought women's clothing was always even numbers and teens clothes were odd?
I buy whatever jeans are relatively cheap and long. For years I've ordered from Alloy because they offer jeans under $40 with a 37" inseam. I suppose they're 'teen' jeans, but they fit much better than 'womens' jeans on me.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:05 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
We are genetically programmed to seek the healthiest person of the opposite sex to mate with. We instinctively reject those who are the weakest, either physically or mentally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty