Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My husband once remarked that a woman gets into bed with a man and says to herself I hope he doesn't notice my cellulite-y thighs, I have to lay a certain way or my breasts will fall under my armpits, he's gonna see all the fuzz, I forgot to shave .....

And a man thinks GOODY GOODY GOODY NAKED LADY GOODY GOODY GOODY NAKED LADY

Guys are really kinda simple that way, all blood runs out of the thinking part into the doing part.
As a woman who has had a man actually get up and leave while getting intimate because 'my body grossed him out' due to my surgery scars I can say that the 'goody goody naked lady' thing isn't necessarily true.

I've also had more than one man make comments and give me 'suggestions' about what I can do to get rid of my cellulite, or hair, or uneven skin, or acne or the myriad of other physical issues I apparently have. The last guy I was with told me that he knew a great plastic surgeon that would help me get rid of my 'belly' that I have due to a medical issue in my past.

Regarding padded bras, I recently bought a 38F (I'm usually a 36GG, but those can be hard to find) and it had at least 2" of padding in it...really?! My boobs are already huge I don't need any more padding! I do prefer molded cups though. They keep the ladies where they're supposed to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As a woman who has had a man actually get up and leave while getting intimate because 'my body grossed him out' due to my surgery scars I can say that the 'goody goody naked lady' thing isn't necessarily true.

I've also had more than one man make comments and give me 'suggestions' about what I can do to get rid of my cellulite, or hair, or uneven skin, or acne or the myriad of other physical issues I apparently have. The last guy I was with told me that he knew a great plastic surgeon that would help me get rid of my 'belly' that I have due to a medical issue in my past.

Regarding padded bras, I recently bought a 38F (I'm usually a 36GG, but those can be hard to find) and it had at least 2" of padding in it...really?! My boobs are already huge I don't need any more padding! I do prefer molded cups though. They keep the ladies where they're supposed to be.
LOL! I am in the same size neighborhood as you are. I have to agree. I do not need padding! I am a 34H! There is plenty there already!

I went to Nordstrom today on a mission for some bras and there were a million padded bras for F+ cups. I couldn't find a nice vertical seamed lace bra. (My fave style, I have a funny shape and the molded cups tend to give me horrible shape actually. The seamed ones just work better.)

You should experiment with seam placement. Horizontal seams look awful on me, I look saggy and flat. Vertical seams give me nice round, perky and natural shape. It took me a while to figure this out!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
How do women feel about cod pieces?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
How do women feel about cod pieces?
No -- I don't like fish.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It won't work. You won't be able to hook it. If they made a 28 band and used the +4, the band would measure 24.

That's what caught me up. I was buying Cacique (Lane Bryant) bras. Bought the same style for years. Started out at a 48, and went down to 42 as I lost weight. Didn't even need to try them on. Bought 2 in a 42 via mail order, got them and they wouldn't hook. Measured myself again -- 42 inches around the ribcage.

Measured the bras -- 38 inches. Went to Lane Bryant and checked, and 46 fits. And measures 42. Measured a number of them, and in front of the clerk who insisted that a 42 was a 42. She didn't want to believe her eyes.

Then I got "fitted". She measured me over a sweater and had her fingers in the loop.... there's no way in hell she measured accurately.

Then I read about measuring your chest, under your armpits and over your breasts -- and use that as your band measurement. What? That's not even where your band lays... It's just goofy.
That's not the experience I've heard from larger banded ladies who have abandoned the plus four method. Women who were being fitted as a 36B fit better in 32D even in these manufacturers with wacky sizing. Even some of the companies known for their wide size range (I want to say it was freya, actually) post a sizing method that includes adding inches, which as far as I know most people wisely ignore. So even though theoretically their bands should be 4 or 5 inches smaller, in my experience they never really are. But truthfully, I've never had any experience with lane Bryant so maybe they are the exception.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
Who cares what men think.
Wear what you want to wear.

It's your body, do as you see fit with it.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
^^^agreed...women have been dressing the way men wanted us to dress for far too long...screw it....they will take almost anything they can get

Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Most men I know don't really care either way unless it's like ridiculous amounts of padding.

Me? I wear the molded cups because they just feel better on my oversized melons. With a proper fitting bra, your typical "t-shirt" bra (no padding) is all I wear.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Wearing a padded bra is the same as a balding man wearing a toupee - false (and pathetic) advertising.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
That's not the experience I've heard from larger banded ladies who have abandoned the plus four method. Women who were being fitted as a 36B fit better in 32D even in these manufacturers with wacky sizing. Even some of the companies known for their wide size range (I want to say it was freya, actually) post a sizing method that includes adding inches, which as far as I know most people wisely ignore. So even though theoretically their bands should be 4 or 5 inches smaller, in my experience they never really are. But truthfully, I've never had any experience with lane Bryant so maybe they are the exception.
And cup sizes are goofy, too. But the band is the whole thing that makes the bra work...

I just have to keep losing weight and start bra shopping again. I just hate shopping so much....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty