Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times

Advertisements

Saggy pants have to at the least be in the top 10 of stupidest fashions. I lucked out and none of my boys had any desire to have that look. I am still boggled at how they stay up? Even with a belt they are soooooo low that they look like they are going to fall down any second. Can anyone tell me how these pants defy gravity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 03:20 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Probably. Probably a few women think saggy pants guys look hot as well.

I wonder if guys in suits and ties think they look cool?
..a few women think saggy pants guys look hot.. errmm well obviously I can't speak for all women here. It takes all sorts to make the world go around, but saggy pants look hot? Well I don't know what to say - call me old fashioned, but that needing the toilet, pants round your ankles, lets see exactly how saggy your underpants and backside look just doesn't appeal to me in any kind of way. It's about as unflattering as its possible to be. Not for me definitely. Maybe there are girls that like saggy @rses I don't know.

Now as for the suit and tie, I'm not a big fan of that either but at least your are not risking tripping and smashing your face in when you walk, and some men do look extremely attractive in a suit and tie. And it doesn't look ridiculous. I'm more of a man in jeans girl myself. Just not of the baggy variety. Sagging pants are just plain WRONG. I think anyway the suit and tie thing is well on its way out. My husband works in a professional job and hasn't worn a suit and tie for about 10 years. Especially since moving to California. People here virtually turn up to work in their flip flops.

Last edited by Cruithne; 10-09-2012 at 03:37 PM..

Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmum View Post
..a few women think saggy pants guys look hot.. errmm well obviously I can't speak for all women here. It takes all sorts to make the world go around, but saggy pants look hot? Well I don't know what to say - call me old fashioned, but that needing the toilet, pants round your ankles, lets see exactly how saggy your underpants and arse look just doesn't appeal to me in any kind of way. It's about as unflattering as its possible to be. Not for me definitely. Maybe there are girls that like saggy arses I don't know.
I'm 100% positive that plenty of women think these guys are hot.

Quote:
Now as for the suit and tie, I'm not a big fan of that either but at least your are not risking tripping and smashing your face in when you walk, and some men do look extremely attractive in a suit and tie.And it doesn't look ridiculous.
I disagree. When I'm walking around downtown DC in August and it's 90 degrees and the humidity is 85% and I see these 'professional' guys walking around sweating wearing a jacket, 'ridiculous' is about the only word that pops into my mind.

Quote:
Sagging pants are just plain WRONG.
What makes it 'WRONG'? What makes it any different than any other fashion?

Quote:
My husband works in a professional job and hasn't worn a suit and tie for about 10 years. Especially since moving to California. People here virtually turn up to work in their flip flops.
Tell your husband that tonym doesn't think he has a 'real job' then.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Saggy pants has it's roots in homophobia, particularly with African-Americans who inexplicably set fashion and music trends for the other 80% or so of the population. Along with other male American fashion "standouts" as the NBA's choice of uniform shorts (which has evolved into overall athletic wear for American men) and what we generally call swimwear which is yet another baggy, shapeless cover-up for the male physique. The US is embarrassingly backward in terms of it's male physique hangups.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,790 times
Quote:
First guy makes me snicker, second guy looks gay, but hey, I guess those are their choices to make, this is America after all.

I still think the baggy saggy pants make guys look silly and immature. Wait! that's it! they want to be marked as irresponsible and not good genetic material for marriage and offspring.
Oh, it's all so clear now. They just want to be boy toys, and not taken seriously by the real world.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
Oh, it's all so clear now. They just want to be boy toys, and not taken seriously by the real world.
There's your hypothesis. Anything to back it up?

Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Well maybe - like I said it takes all sorts. Eminem doesn't do it for me, possibly he does for some. The other guy is a half naked muscleman, not your average Joe and not the image we see everyday on the streets which is more like this:

Pop Jargon...: College Student Kicked Off Airplane For Wearing Sagging Pants
Which is what you see 99.9% of the time. Not attractive, sorry.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmum View Post
Well maybe - like I said it takes all sorts. Eminem doesn't do it for me, possibly he does for some. The other guy is a half naked muscleman, not your average Joe and not the image we see everyday on the streets which is more like this:

Pop Jargon...: College Student Kicked Off Airplane For Wearing Sagging Pants
Which is what you see 99.9% of the time. Not attractive, sorry.
That guy is a college linebacker. I imagine that he's also pretty fit.

Why isn't it enough to say that one doesn't like a style?

The attempt to degrade those who wear that style only reflects poorly on you.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
The irony of "sagging pants" is that it started with gangs...they take your belt when you go to jail.

Great. Folks want to emulate jailbirds.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The irony of "sagging pants" is that it started with gangs...they take your belt when you go to jail.

Great. Folks want to emulate jailbirds.
Disgusting

Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock 1957 colour - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty