Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times

Advertisements

Just take her shopping. And while out shopping, really listen to her and watch out for her to point out things she likes. You can even take photos of the things with your cell phone! She will think you are a big geek and love you for it. Then - you will know what to buy for her!

I WISH my hubby would do this for me for Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Good for you OP, for taking the time and effort. I wouldn't worry about finding the exact items, I'd search out cheaper options while still keeping the overall look in mind.

My husband used to walk into a store at Christmas, scout around for a mannequin wearing something he liked, then get a salesperson to assemble the entire outfit, including the shoes. He had about a 50-50 success rate with me.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times
Just Fab,com might be helpful. Great price for first pair of shoes!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Good for you OP, for taking the time and effort. I wouldn't worry about finding the exact items, I'd search out cheaper options while still keeping the overall look in mind.

My husband used to walk into a store at Christmas, scout around for a mannequin wearing something he liked, then get a salesperson to assemble the entire outfit, including the shoes. He had about a 50-50 success rate with me.
I've done that, but at a much worse rate

This all seems so exhausting...honestly, but she is a really good wife though...

Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I think I have my new business idea. Personal shopping service for confused SOs.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think I have my new business idea. Personal shopping service for confused SOs.
What an awesome idea! And how about not just confused SO's but wives like me who are going... "What do I get my hubby of 20 years who has everything and doesn't need or want anything?"

I'm having a tough time this year figuring out what to do for him for Christmas. After 20 years, I'm learning that it becomes a challenge to come up with an original idea! I mean, if I had a spare $30K sitting around I'd love to buy him the exact car that I know he wants. But unfortunately, that money needs to be kept in the kids college accounts...

Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
What an awesome idea! And how about not just confused SO's but wives like me who are going... "What do I get my hubby of 20 years who has everything and doesn't need or want anything?"

I'm having a tough time this year figuring out what to do for him for Christmas. After 20 years, I'm learning that it becomes a challenge to come up with an original idea! I mean, if I had a spare $30K sitting around I'd love to buy him the exact car that I know he wants. But unfortunately, that money needs to be kept in the kids college accounts...
For all the people I don't know what to get, I make them a food basket. I head over to cost plus/trader joes/other specialty places and pick up things like jam, flavored oils, cheese, crackers, cured meats, dried fruits, spices, nuts, grains, candies, whatever. I might even do a spice blend myself if I have time. It usually goes over really well. Except for my aunt....she told me she wants a repeat of last year's basket. And have no idea what I put in it. I am going to need to keep a running list/inventory next time!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM

Food baskets are awesome for most people on a list, but I don't know if it's quite right for a special gift for a spouse or SO.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM

877 posts, read 2,013,045 times
What's your budget?

I'd say Macy's and Bloomingdales have these type of clothes and don't hesitate to try Zara if you have one.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Could you take her to lunch and then to the mall and shop with her to find the items? This way it is together time plus she will find what she likes and fits her. It is so hard with sizing these days to get a good fit I think and why clothing gifts are hard in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty