Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,846,872 times

Advertisements

They dye their hair and not their eyebrows, which is why the eyebrows are a different color. I wouldn't dye my eyebrows if someone threatened my life. My eyesight is more important to me than my appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
If you have light eyebrows, dyeing them darker can improve your looks!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:53 AM

6,493 posts, read 6,703,346 times
Several companies make a "hair mascara" that is used to cover gray roots on your part between hair coloring. These come in several shades, and I have used them on my eyebrows, just to add a bit of color to the gray parts. I find it looks more natural than eyebrow pencil, because it colors the brow's hairs, not the skin beneath.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM

6,812 posts, read 6,964,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
They dye their hair and not their eyebrows, which is why the eyebrows are a different color. I wouldn't dye my eyebrows if someone threatened my life. My eyesight is more important to me than my appearance.
Since my eyebrows have sprouted more than a few gray hairs, I dye them when I do a retouch on my roots. A q-tip works very well to appy the dye and as long as it isn't running into your eyes, quite safe. When it's time to get the dye off, I tissue off as much as I can, then rinse and shampoo when it's time to get the stuff out of my hair.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
A lot of young girls here in the UK have tattooed eyebrows... I think they're horrible.. some are permanent, some semi permanent... what an awful fashion disaster.
If it's done correctly it's hardly noticeable. You DO NOT go to a tattoo artist to get your eyebrows tattooed on because you don't use tattoo ink, you use pigment. I have both regular tattoos and my eyebrows tattooed on and it's a completely different process with different equipment. I had an accident that permanently took off part of one of my eyebrows and instead of drawing them on every day (including more than one incident where I ended up looking quizzical all day...) I decided to get them inked.

I went to a woman with excellent reviews who specialized in cosmetic tattooing for cancer patients, most notably she does nipple tattoos for women who have had masectomies and she did a fantastic job. The problem is that women are unfamiliar with the procedure and have it done as if it's a regular tattoo and it's most definitely not.

Most people are completely shocked that mine are tattooed on.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,810,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Not everyone has the same hair colour and eyebrow colour. My hair used to be light blonde when I was a kid and it gradually became darker over time, now it's a medium brown. My eyebrows and lashes are naturally black but my eyebrows are not very thick so it doesn't look out of place (to me at least).

Many women use eyebrow pencil or powder to change the colour and shape of their eyebrows. I think actually dying or tattooing the eyebrows is not very common at all.
it is Linda believe me, in the UK it is... its known here as Scouse Brow... where it seems to have origintated in the UK...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifesty...tooing-1327195

http://www.chyaz.com/1467/what-is-a-scouse-brow/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty