Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm a dude, but I was engaged to a very busty gal... we got pregnant and she miscarried, but she went through all the hormonal shifts and went through a couple pretty crazy growth spurts. She'd started off as a 36DDD, and then they got way, way bigger... she went to buy a new bra and ended up going up a couple band sizes to a 40DDD. The thing was that she hadn't gained any weight at all, just had gotten bustier, and so the underwires were basically halfway up the side of her breasts even with it on the tightest clasps. After her milk came in, she had to go up to a 42DDD and was totally miserable... my birthday gift to her was for her to go to a custom lingere shop and get her a few custom-made bras, which measured out to a 36F, if I recall correctly.

My ex wife was wearing a 36C when I first started dating her, even though she was actually a 32DD.

It's amazing how many women don't know how to size a bra
And it's especially important for women with larger busts because they're much more likely to suffer back pain, overflow, and pain from their bra digging in and all this not because their boobs are "too big", but because their bras don't give them proper support. And despite this, so many women are really resistant to the idea that they could be anything larger than a D. Sigh.

But I'm glad your SOs eventually found out their correct size. There's so much misinformation being pushed on women all for the sake of selling bras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Breasts are beautiful no matter what shape or size. Leave them alone.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
Do men take penis enlargement pills for themselves as well?

Wouldn't know. Don't need em!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Then you might be in the wrong bra (you might also be kind of a jerk, but that's a separate issue).

Here. Read, measure, reevaluate your view of bra sizing.

MyWifesBusty comments on Is getting fitted for a bra as humiliating as it sounds? (Please, share your experiences, however mundane, and ease my fears.)

Here's this before and after post, too. The top comment is a woman who previously wore 32DD and, to a layman, looks to be that size, but after learning about the signs of proper fit you will see that her 28G fits much better.

Before and After sizes : ABraThatFits
Interesting, my apologies I think you are right. I have used a measuring tape and arrived at 32dd but I think I'm not getting the right support based on what I read in your links.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm a dude, but I was engaged to a very busty gal... we got pregnant and she miscarried, but she went through all the hormonal shifts and went through a couple pretty crazy growth spurts. She'd started off as a 36DDD, and then they got way, way bigger... she went to buy a new bra and ended up going up a couple band sizes to a 40DDD. The thing was that she hadn't gained any weight at all, just had gotten bustier, and so the underwires were basically halfway up the side of her breasts even with it on the tightest clasps. After her milk came in, she had to go up to a 42DDD and was totally miserable... my birthday gift to her was for her to go to a custom lingere shop and get her a few custom-made bras, which measured out to a 36F, if I recall correctly.

My ex wife was wearing a 36C when I first started dating her, even though she was actually a 32DD.

It's amazing how many women don't know how to size a bra
It's "funny" how you mentioned her getting bustier but only going up in band size. That's what most stores will do since they won't carry anything bigger then DDD. More then likely her band size stayed about the same and her cup size changed. My wife and I went through the same thing with our second child. Most stores would try to stick her in 42s and 44s when her real band size was 36. Eventually we got wise to BS sister sizing and went to a local bra boutique. My wife wasn't too excited at first about wearing a 38J nursing bra but the fit and comfort of it made her content compared to something stupid and ill fitting like some huge banded DDD.

If there wasn't so much misinformation and bad selling tehcniques - bra sizes, implants wouldn't be such a big deal. For most average sized women, getting or having D cups won't make them stand out or turn you into a sideshow freak despite what so many people here think.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Are you for real?

I would choose the smartest and better qualified for the job.

Being content with the way you look has nothing to do with job performance unless you are running a brothel.
I assumed( and I must have been in error) that anyone reading the post would understand that I was talking about equal ability and intellegence.

And you are correct. Looks really don't have a thing to do with job performance. BUT, if you are looking for an honest, well adjusted person to work for you, would you pick the one that went to the trouble of getting the outsized boobs?

Yes, some would say that it doesn't make a difference. If you have hired (and fired) many women, you would know that the ones that accept what they look like are usually the most reliable.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
How are you going to know? Do you think every woman that gets implants gets monster sized ones and comes to job interviews with them popping out of a too low neckline and spike heels? So yeah you might not pick that type. But a woman with d cup implants under a normal professional outfit is not going to be discernible to any casual viewer. Unless you ask all your applicants to disrobe, you can't tell the difference between a natural woman and a woman with a modest boob job.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:43 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Uh...no. No, not at all, not even close. 34 and 36 are rather large bands and are typically seen on women who either carry a lot of extra weight or who have a large frame, neither of whom are likely to wear a size 6. Not impossible, but not average.

You seem to be under the impression that 32D is a very large cup size. And why shouldn't you, pop culture has embraced this image that D cup=cantaloupe sized boobs but I'm here to tell you it just ain't so. Here's what "ginormous" Ds and DDs can look like (NSFW).

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg

HUH??? WTF are you talking about??? I have a size 36 back because I'm a heavy weight lifter at the gym. I have a wide back for a woman. And I'm definately not anywhere near overweight or have a large frame. You are sooo far off this its crazy

Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
HUH??? WTF are you talking about??? I have a size 36 back because I'm a heavy weight lifter at the gym. I have a wide back for a woman. And I'm definately not anywhere near overweight or have a large frame. You are sooo far off this its crazy
Sooo, in other words you don't represent the average woman in both frame and exercise routine? Maybe you're an exception, I based my post off of my observations of the bra fitting community.

Additionally, large is a subjective term so I don't know why you're getting all hot and bothered over the subjective opinion of a stranger.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:58 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Speaking about large frames,what IS considered a large ribcage size?

I'm a 31around the ribcage.(not including band size,just measured under the bra)

Is that big or small?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty