Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,854,888 times

Advertisements

A woman with sex appeal, preferably an older woman, sexy neck, medium-long black hair, wears glasses and has a nice pair of toned legs (yeah, I'm a legs man), looks stunning in anything she wears (from torn and faded jeans to a business outfit) would get a 9 or 10 all day long.

-Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,651,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Interesting...never heard speak like that before. I don't know how I'd feel if I heard guys talking about me with respect to a ranking system.
Most of my friends growing up were guys and I've worked in either all male, or male dominated workplaces nearly my entire life.

This stuff is not only common, but it gets much much worse. This is TAME compared to a lot of stuff many men say when women aren't present. Their wives/girlfriends would be absolutely appalled at the things that are said.

Definitely not saying all men, mind you... but it's far more common than you think.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 PM

219 posts, read 331,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Most of my friends growing up were guys and I've worked in either all male, or male dominated workplaces nearly my entire life.

This stuff is not only common, but it gets much much worse. This is TAME compared to a lot of stuff many men say when women aren't present. Their wives/girlfriends would be absolutely appalled at the things that are said.

Definitely not saying all men, mind you... but it's far more common than you think.
Most women will never hear this sort of guy-talk. JetJockey, I guess you were somehow allowed to witness this.. I did post a very PG example. You can even rank face separately, body separately, and personality separately. Here is another example:

Guy1: Chick who was behind you in line?
Guy2: Weak 8
Guy1: Your crazy, face 5, body 8 maybe
Guy2: Whatever, I'd still smash
Guy1: Haha, me too

Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't recall this sort of banter when I was younger, I remember just seeing some hot chick and pointing her out...... but again... don't recall the ratings like that...
I am somewhat youngish..30. I don't talk like this anymore but I still overhear it sometimes. It is so universal that sometimes random guy strangers will join the conversation lol.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM

46 posts, read 55,689 times
i think it's depend on...personality,,pretty face,, perfect hair,, nice body with boobs...etc.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,651,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
Most women will never hear this sort of guy-talk. JetJockey, I guess you were somehow allowed to witness this.. I did post a very PG example. You can even rank face separately, body separately, and personality separately. Here is another example:

Guy1: Chick who was behind you in line?
Guy2: Weak 8
Guy1: Your crazy, face 5, body 8 maybe
Guy2: Whatever, I'd still smash
Guy1: Haha, me too
I'm a mechanic... I worked with all guys and basically grew up in a shop. I heard the phrase 'Oh, I forgot you were a girl' more times than I can remember.

So yeah. I've heard it all and then some. It's actually had a huge effect on my self esteem, self worth and my rather lackluster dating life. So as an FYI, please be careful what you say. You may not think it effects anyone, but it can.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM

52,309 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
I am somewhat youngish..30. I don't talk like this anymore but I still overhear it sometimes. It is so universal that sometimes random guy strangers will join the conversation lol.
I've got a good 10 plus on you... but I can't recall hearing that talk outside of being a 22 yrs old...... LOL.............

Old 04-26-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a mechanic... I worked with all guys and basically grew up in a shop. I heard the phrase 'Oh, I forgot you were a girl' more times than I can remember.

So yeah. I've heard it all and then some. It's actually had a huge effect on my self esteem, self worth and my rather lackluster dating life. So as an FYI, please be careful what you say. You may not think it effects anyone, but it can.
That is harsh. I would guess that a mechanic shop is probably similar to a male locker room and not the best place for a young impressionable female. I remember in college, I hung around a group of female friends who used to objectify men in the same way in front of me. The way they nitpicked guys so flagrantly in front of me was a slap in the face. Again, I do not talk like this anymore. Just providing some insight into male behavior for the other members of this forum. Not surprised that some members, such as amanda0808, did not know such behavior existed.

Women however are just as guilty. Even though they do not rate men, and they can be just as crude. Instead of assigning numbers, they evaluate specific details such as "the size of his shoulders," "the kind of pants he was wearing," small variances in height. For example, a gal can completely pick apart an otherwise good-looking guy with a good job. They can be completely turned off by something minor like if his shoes don't match his shirt lol.

A lot of what both sexes do is pack behavior and posturing, especially when it comes to mate-finding behavior. Once I learned this, I just let comments roll down my back and it doesn't bother me now. Many women and men still act like this in groups when they spend "girl-time" or "guy-time" together. As crude as it is, I see it as an important part of male-male bonding and female-female bonding.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 AM

289 posts, read 568,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Would you call a woman who judges a man by his height or his job, sexist or superficial?
Absolutely.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,916,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayons00 View Post
Shouldn't the hip to waist ratio be under .70 so I guess yours isn't ideal
Seriously, what is the point of posts like these? ^^ Do you have nothing better to do than break people down on the internet? That wasn't even directed at me but I can't help but think "Whats the point!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When ever I read these threads and people start to describe things they like, it's fine when people keep it rather basic, like nice smile, great figure, great personality, etc etc. But when people start to break it down very meticulously, like the ratio of hips to waist or get super specific about face symetry...

I don't know... it just gets boring, ugly, it also gets shallow as hell sounding..... sorta sad too..... sorry to be a party pooper...

I guess I like things in that area to be more "organic" and not so.... IDK... calculated....

Seriously, this thread is so sad.

Last edited by Pear Martini; 04-26-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty