Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 AM

2 posts, read 1,941 times

Advertisements

Yes, It be approximately 60%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 04:43 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
I think we're a combo of genes from both parents, but usually one or the other predominates.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 AM

12 posts, read 18,771 times
yaa its true that a women get their body shape from both mother and father. Like most of the time we see that someone hight and health completely match to their parents. And in women(XX) can take one X from father and one from mother so she can be like her mother and also like her fathe.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 PM

13 posts, read 17,797 times
Very interesting fact i am reading at here about women that how she takes the body shape from her mother and grand mother...

This is true and even i saw this in the real life also...Girls take their shape from her mother after a time...

Old 08-07-2013, 11:43 AM

34 posts, read 46,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Yeah well I've noticed much of the time it's the butt that defines our hips.
Of course there are girls like beyonce but she's mixed anyhow. I've always noticed white women have really wide butts many are flat many aren't but its ubiquitous you always find that the hips stick out in white women. Black women we tend to go either way honestly some have hips some dont but our butts tend to stick out.

That's just what I've noticed for the most part in my area
That's true. There are even researches to back that up (I'm too lazy to find the links right now, lol). Blacks tend to be more muscular, so usually black women have shaplier thighs and butt that sticks out more, even if it's not big. Some groups in Africa(not all of them) tend to distribute a lot of fat in their thighs and butt area. However, they tend to have narrow hipbones and pelvis, which gives them a narrower bottom. White women on the other hand have wider hips and pelvis with a shaplier torso, but with a less shapely butt. Lots of them seem to distribute fat in their butts, but due to their muscles, their butts tend to be less firm and not stick out as much.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,859,470 times
I have found some mothers very attractive. But I wonder if it might be a psychological thing, associating her with her daughter.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,875 times
I'm actually the spitting image of my aunt (dad's younger sister). In fact she's only 4 years older than me, and people used to assume we were sisters.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
I likely mentioned before, but I am definitely a blend of many of my family members.

From a looks (facial) perspective? I look like the women in my mom's family crossed with my dad's sister. And I did pick up a few recessive genes from my dad's side (eye shape). I tend to resemble whoever I am standing next to, but if you put up a pic of my immediate family, my sister will resemble my dad more and I resemble mom more.

From a body shape perspective? I am a blend for certain. I grabbed things from each side of the family.
Women on my mom's side tend to be pear shaped, but do not have skinny arms. Women on dad's side tend to be inverted triangles or apples and are sturdy in build. In a nutshell, mom's side has hips and butts with a small bust. And Dad's side has large busts with no hips or butts.

I probably got pretty lucky and inherited the best of both worlds. I ended up with hips and boobs. My mom has a long torso/short legs. And I am the opposite, I think that came from dad's side. I am about 2.5 inches shorter than my mom, yet she can wear petite pants, and they are cropped pants on me. I also can't even fit my legs in the car when she drives, and she needs to pull the seat up several inches when I drive.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
I'm wondering because I have thought of how my mom grandma and great grandma are so differently proportioned wen they were young and including me. I find it hard to believe. My mom's more a pear 31-23-33. And I'm more an inverted triangle/hourglass 36-24-33.5. And my grandma was built like a natural Pamela Anderson 41-23-34. And my great grandma was built like a stick Moreso 34-26-34. Also height wise it's all over the place and weight gain is different with almost each. I don't get if its usually the maternal line what could have likely happened?
I get my body shape from the gym.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
This thread is reminding me of:

will.i.am - I Got It From My Mama - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty