Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:11 PM

5,135 posts, read 4,489,070 times

Advertisements

Do any of you use makeup finishing spray?

I had never even heard of it until today.

Does it work well for you, or is it a gimmick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 07:32 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,636,710 times
I've tried a couple. I tried a travel size of the famous Urban Decay All-nighter and honestly it didn't seem to do anything special. I've also tried the Clarins setting spray. I don't think it really helps makeup to stay on, either. What they are helpful for is removing that dry powdery look after using your setting/finishing powder. For that purpose I have also used Clinique's Moisture Surge spray, but I think the Clarins works best because it has the finest sprayer. The Clarins smells like rosewater, not terribly strongly and it fades as it dries, but I'd prefer an unscented product. I suspect that plain old distilled water in the Clarins package would work just as well and plan to try that when mine runs out. The setting sprays also seem like they might help prevent makeup transferring to other surfaces and clothing, especially if you use them in place of a final powdering.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,094,732 times
I tried once ( Korean brand ). I didn't like it because it gave me white crystals like refined salt on my face. I don't know maybe it was just not a good brand.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I've tried a couple. I tried a travel size of the famous Urban Decay All-nighter and honestly it didn't seem to do anything special. I've also tried the Clarins setting spray. I don't think it really helps makeup to stay on, either. What they are helpful for is removing that dry powdery look after using your setting/finishing powder. For that purpose I have also used Clinique's Moisture Surge spray, but I think the Clarins works best because it has the finest sprayer. The Clarins smells like rosewater, not terribly strongly and it fades as it dries, but I'd prefer an unscented product. I suspect that plain old distilled water in the Clarins package would work just as well and plan to try that when mine runs out. The setting sprays also seem like they might help prevent makeup transferring to other surfaces and clothing, especially if you use them in place of a final powdering.

Interesting. I was told that professional makeup artist love to use it. I'm going to spritz my face with water and see if that makes any difference to how long my makeup lasts.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,738,013 times
If you spray some hairspray and kind of walk into it.... it will help makeup last longer

Old 09-29-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
If you spray some hairspray and kind of walk into it.... it will help makeup last longer
Doesn't that make your skin feel stiff? Whenever I get hairspray on my forehead I always feel like my skin is about to crack when I move my forehead.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:41 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,738,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Doesn't that make your skin feel stiff? Whenever I get hairspray on my forehead I always feel like my skin is about to crack when I move my forehead.
Nope... it's not like a lot of spray.... you're just kind of walking into the leftover myst of it. it's not like spraying it on your face or using a lot of it.... just kind of similar to walking into the mysts of perfume so as to not have too much on.

I wouldn't do it if you have sensitive skin, though. It makes some people break out.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:46 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,416 times
I just bought a finishing spray last night, I'll let you know. I know I do like a primer.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I just bought a finishing spray last night, I'll let you know. I know I do like a primer.
Well I tried Mineral Fusion spray and it is going back. It made my skin feel stiff. I can now understand how spray net might do the same thing.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,003,088 times
Did you spray the Mineral stuff and "walk through it" like another poster suggested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty