Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,480 times

Advertisements

For those of you that have considered trying this line of product, here is my testimonial. If you use it as directed (morning and night), it works. I was sucked in by an informercial that including some Hollywood celebs. It takes about 3 weeks to see results. It costs about $30 a month. My "kit" included a daily facial wash, toner, anti oil face cream and another face cream with a 30 SPF and a repairing lotion. The routine takes about 3 minutes. You use the face wash first. Then the toner. Then in the morning I apply the anti oil cream (keeps makeup fresh). Then I apply the face cream with the sunblock and then my regular make up.

At night I use the face wash and toner and the repairing lotion. I used to break out before I got my period. I also have some large pores on my "T zone" and some blackheads. I have noticed a huge improvement.

So if you've been on "the fence" with ordering this line, I recommend it. It was originally developed for women, but they say it's for everyone. Would be great for teens with acne problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 04:55 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,440 times
agreed! I ordered it for my husband years ago and it worked! We continue to use it, and I have even ordered some of their make-up. I'm so glad that my 12 year old son will not have to endure the miserable break-outs that his parents did as a teen [and beyond!]

Old 09-26-2008, 06:25 AM

342 posts, read 1,831,465 times
I like the Proactive toner, but for cleansers and lotions, I prefer Murad.
But now I'm off "acne" and on to "anti-aging"

Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
I bought it for my teen daughter and it worked. Worked better than the prescription stuff we had from the doctor w/o the peeling, redness and drying out of her skin. She uses it faithfully since it doesn't have the side effects and it has been effective.

If you go to one of the kiosks you can buy it a bit cheaper than thru the 800 number or online.

I tried their oil control for my skin. Never had acne as a kid or even an adult and don't have wrinkles because I have oily skin. Because this stuff helped control the oil TOOO much it did cause acne so I stopped using it and it cleared up. Oh well, guess I'll just keep blotting all day.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM

214 posts, read 961,625 times
I'll vouch for it. I had tried everything from over the counter products, to prescriptions like Retin-A and Differin and NOTHING worked. Tried Proactive and my face cleared up and stayed clear right away. The ONLY product that has worked for me!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:30 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,480 times
I forgot to mention that my kit also included a mask that you're supposed to use 2-3 times a week. I really like the mask alot. I was so leery of this product line and am pleasantly surprised. $30 a month sounds pricey, but when I look at all of the over the counter products I have in my bathroom that are half used, this is really more economical for me.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,328,643 times
I've used it for years! I love it! I recently moved and forgot to update my address, causing me to use some generic over the counter face wash for two weeks. Worst break-out in years. Proactive arrived, my face cleared in 3 days.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,391 times
Are any of you over 21 and of the darker pigmentation persuasion?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:41 PM

18 posts, read 57,461 times
Default Benzoyl Peroxide

I would caution anyone who uses this who does not know if they are allergic to the benzoyl peroxide in the product. My face felt like it had fish scales all over it and started breaking out worse then I was. However, I have known many people who have used it and it worked great. Now I only use Cetaphil and an acne scar peeling mask and my face looks much better.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:44 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
I used the Proactive line for years and was very satisfied, it did a great job of clearing up my skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty