Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 AM

543 posts, read 943,845 times

Advertisements

When you see a beautiful woman what emotions do you feel? Mild jealousy, esteem issues or what? From your personal experiences if you can recount.

Also, can you name a famous celebrity who you genuinely think is beautiful in an ethereal sense. Doesn't matter if it's from a bygone era. Not media hyped or what everyone thinks is cool.

Like my mother used to say Julie Christy had something unique about her. Nothing about "I'd go gay for her" or she's hot. Something else. Can you name anyone you feel deep down is such a beauty to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
When you see a beautiful woman what emotions do you feel? Mild jealousy, esteem issues or what? .
Great gravy!
Why on earth would I feel jealous? Why would that result in esteem issues?

Everyone is different.
Everyone has different ideas of what is beautiful.
Why not just accept people as they are?

Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,990,972 times
I usually don't feel anything when I see an attractive woman. At most, I'll notice her clothes and wonder whether a similar outfit would be flattering on me. If I really like a person's clothes I may lament that I don't have the body to pull them off, but obviously, those are feelings I have about myself and not them.

The only other thought I often have is "man, those shoes look like torture."

Old 11-05-2014, 10:51 AM

459 posts, read 768,617 times
I just think some guy is lucky. There might be jealousy but I'm more competitive than jealous.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:46 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Nothing, other than

"I like that outfit" or I may wish I had those looks, because she probably gets lots of attention from guys.

But not jealousy really. I don't think about her, hate on her. My mind usually goes right back to what it was on before, and what I was doing.

Otherwise, I never got jealous of other women's looks, clothes, money, car, career. All that stuff, I never cared about.

Only 1 thing brings out a hateful streak for me. And it's not looks, or money, oriented.

Last edited by HappyRain; 11-05-2014 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 11:56 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
I might be envious if I see a really beautiful woman, but I don't think jealous.. I would probably be admiring her hair and makeup and maybe want to become her friend lol.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:06 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I think, "Wow, what a beautiful woman. I wouldn't mind looking like that."

I always thought Diana Rigg was attractive. She had a wonderful impish grin.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I don't think anything when I see a beautiful woman. It depends on what kind of a person she is. If I don't have a chance to get to know her at all, if she's just passing on the street, I don't notice. Women like that are rare, anyway.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:57 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
When you see a beautiful woman what emotions do you feel? Mild jealousy, esteem issues or what? From your personal experiences if you can recount.

Also, can you name a famous celebrity who you genuinely think is beautiful in an ethereal sense. Doesn't matter if it's from a bygone era. Not media hyped or what everyone thinks is cool.

Like my mother used to say Julie Christy had something unique about her. Nothing about "I'd go gay for her" or she's hot. Something else. Can you name anyone you feel deep down is such a beauty to you.
I don't recall ever feeling jealous or envious or having self esteem issues from looking at a beautiful woman. I enjoy looking at beautiful people--male and female--and don't find their looks to be any reflection on me.

As far as beautiful in an ethereal sense, I don't really know. Grace Kelly, Sonia Braga and Madeline Stowe all come to mind.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:38 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:

Oh, yes, I admire them like works of Art -- the same way I look at beautiful men (who, because they just aren't as "beautiful," are in much shorter supply)!

I love to look at and watch beautiful women, and I've done so since my early 20s. It's the face and the manner of sitting or standing or moving that catches me.

Examples, no particular order, and some shots of these women are terrific while some aren't:

Rachel Weisz, Isabelle Adjani, Catherine Deneuve, Donna Summer, Frederique van der Wal, Rita Hayworth, Hedy Lamarr, and this was one shot I loved of Greta Garbo at age 42, sitting in a chair, that Cecil Beaton took. http://elizabetheswan.files.wordpres...03/mw63082.jpg

There are SO MANY!! But these are the ones who really stood out to me then, and now.

In my 20s, I used to tear pages out of my magazines of ads featuring beautiful women and paste them on a board in a kind of collage, because seeing them made me stand up straighter, feel more poised, and gave me a very keen sense of strength. I don't even know who some of them were (models, etc.), but if they struck me or had a strong face or features, I put them up on that board! It was akin to being in a museum.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-19-2014 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty