Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 01:25 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I have a deodorant that Dove makes that is supposed to clear up dark underarms. I think it works by having a moisturizer in it, but it actually does work. Not sure if the OP would want to wear Dove deodorant, but maybe just applying lotion to the underarms before bed, or after showering might help. Shaving or scrubbing the skin isn't going to help, and the irritation can make it worse.

Dove® Clear ToneTM Pink Rosa Deodorant

I think the best gift a bride can give her husband is to be a caring, loving, faithful wife. A bleached anus would be pretty far down on that list. Why would that even be something that is necessary?

LOL, far down the list???

Hell, it wouldn't even be on the list. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
I've been to Asia and the shelves are full of whitening products.

Ebay is your friend.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
JustJulia, what's wrong with a person bleaching their anus? I think it was in the movie That's My Boy that the main character gives the advice that the best gift a young bride can give to her husband is to bleach her anus. No?
I hope you are joking??

Old 10-03-2013, 02:43 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The idea that you'd be taking grooming/relationship advice from one of the worst movies of the past few years is telling.
Eh... I thought it was pretty funny. Not as funny as the movie Ted though.

Ted - Trailer - YouTube

Old 10-03-2013, 03:36 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
OK Guys, stay on topic. I see a one of you going at a tangent and talking about vulgar quotes from movies.

This is not a funny issue. I will start taking strict notice to maintain a low level of vulgarity on this thread, and if such comments continue, then I may have to report you (you know who you are).

Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,070 times
Before breaking out the bleach - you might want to see a doctor and figure out if the patches are a result of a medical issues...

[LEFT]The dark skin can be caused by a number of reasons - some of them quite serious...

What Is Dark Skin Under The Armpit? | LIVESTRONG.COM[/LEFT]

Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Before breaking out the bleach - you might want to see a doctor and figure out if the patches are a result of a medical issues...

[LEFT]The dark skin can be caused by a number of reasons - some of them quite serious...

What Is Dark Skin Under The Armpit? | LIVESTRONG.COM[/LEFT]
Thanks for the article. I visited a skin doctor a while ago in India, and he said that it was a result of dead skin cells. He said that applying a particular ointment, which did help significantly in curing my underarm issues. However, I am unable to find that same ointment here in the United states. Hence, I need an alternative solution to cure my underarm patches.

Additionally, The description under this section is concurrent with the situation I am undergoing right now. I think following these suggestions may help cure my dark underarm patches. I will let you guys know how the suggested solution worked out over time.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:36 AM

728 posts, read 1,900,147 times
I used to have this type of issue with the knuckles. I would have these dark knuckles on my otherwise medium tanned skin that made it look like my knuckles were dirty. Turned out it was just dry skin and whenever I shower I would scrub vigorously with an exfoliation scrubber and after a few times it would gradually lighten up and now I have the same color on my knuckles as the rest of my hands and arms.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:04 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,023,230 times
Dark underarms could be a sign of pituitary or thyroid issues.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:29 AM

Happy to say my dark underarm issues have cured nicely in time for summer . Now they match well with my natural skin tone and feel soft 'n smooth. Here is what I did everyday:

1) Washed them thoroughly (but gently) while taking a shower with bar soap
2) Used Vaseline on my underarms for moisture retention
3) Used sandalwood powder over the Vaseline layer for fragrance and avoiding a gummy feel.

Happy to say my dark underarm patches are now history (except for small hair stubble's, but every guy has some underarm hair )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty