Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 04:22 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,551 times

Advertisements

On other thread on here and my polo thread got me thinking. My mom had a very large friend. She must have been close to 400lbs and 6'0. This woman hard time getting a date. We lived (still live) in NJ. She said she went someone in the south and a lot of men were hating on her. Would you date a plus size person? Where do you live? Also, does your state "accept" a plus size people?

I live in NJ, and I don't think big people are accepted. I would date a plus size guy if he was nice and we got along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 04:25 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Fat just may be the last "safe" person to hate.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:33 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
One of my closest friends and her husband are both morbidly obese, (BMI over 60) and it makes me sad because over the years I've watched them both decline into disability and very poor health. But I still love and cherish them as friends.

Would I date a fat man - no. Sorry, just not on my radar as a romantic or sex partner because I do not find obesity or flab attractive. (I have never been fat, btw.) Physical attraction is a necessary component of sexual compatibility or date-ability, for me.

I am in my 50s and would not date a teen or 20-something; I probably wouldn't date someone in his 90s, I probably would not date a man under 5' tall, or one with a serious deformity; nor would I date a high school student. Even if they were "nice and we got along."

I currently live in Michigan which is one of the fatter states so it seems fat is normal and accepted here. Most people I know are overweight to some degree.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:56 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I would date fat guys,but fat guys are not checking for fat girls!
Go figure!

Old 02-09-2014, 05:01 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
I had a crush for a fat guy earlier, he was sexy. If they don't want to get know sexy personalities, that is their loss

Old 02-09-2014, 05:10 PM

381 posts, read 642,814 times
As I've grown older, I've become more accepting of 'plus size' individuals. I would date a plus size woman, as there are many who are healthy and take care of themselves.

I would draw the line at a morbidly obese individual.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,605 times
I don't think we should welcome fat acceptance or plus size at all.

I currently wear a size 12/14, so technically I am "plus size," but I'm also losing weight. The main reason why I don't think we should accept plus size or be pro-fat acceptance is because there should be a focus on overall health. Sorry but 400 pounds is NOT healthy and the human body wasn't meant to get that large. There is a reason why people are their healthiest when they are slimmer, lead active lifestyles, and eat healthily. There is more than enough science to back that up across all cultures and other countries can attest to it with how much thinner and active their people are. You do get judged by your appearance and that's just the way it is, so your friend wasn't received too well because the men there might have different expectations based on how there look. It's regional too-- the super thin you hear about a lot from CA probably wouldn't have the same affect say in NYC.

Before I was married, I was much thinner than I am now and let's face it, men like thinner women because thinner women are more appealing. I wouldn't have been attracted to a plus size man because it would send the impression that a healthy lifestyle wasn't on the horizon nor was it a priority.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Fat just may be the last "safe" person to hate.
This is an old cliche. No one hates fat people by talking about fat acceptance or dating fat people.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
I am fat which automatically makes women assume I am physically unfit. LOL. I just lifted 70 lb suitcases in each hand while moving houses today, and this was while walking on ice BAREFOOT without a jacket on. I did this for several hours in sub freezing temperatures till my body parts turned numb. Nuff said about physical toughness ladies. If that's not manly enough for you, sorry there is nothing more in my trunk I can offer.

FYI, I am a proud fatso who was wearing a white striped polo while doing this .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 02-09-2014 at 09:16 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 09:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I prefer a man with some meat on his bones. I was seriously stuck on John Goodman on the Rosanne show... he was HOT. He still is.

My husband is built similarly. He's pretty hot, too.

And I find men who are chiseled and cut and muscle bound kinda gross. But as the song goes, if we all liked the same thing, everybody would want my woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty