Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 02:22 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

If you like them and think they look good then wear them any way you want to wear them.
What does it matter what others think?
Personally I don't like skinny jeans however, I don't like my bottom parts being shoved up into my middle parts that then get shoved up into my top parts.
I like all my parts to stay where they belong so I wear clothing that is a good fit that is also comfortable, practical, good quality and a good price and I don't care what the current "trend" is.
Trends in anything are a different word for fads and following along, neither of which I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 AM

332 posts, read 498,598 times
I can't wear jeans with more than an 8-9 inch rise (and I don't wear "low rise"). High waisted would probably be up under my boobs. I'd look stupid. Apparently I have long legs in proportion to my torso.

I'd say whatever constitutes mid-rise looks best on most people....but hey, if you can rock it then good for you.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:58 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Guess these fashions made everyone ugly and weren't attractive either huh?

They ARE flattering, since the tuckin all that fat around your lovehandles, and don't let it spill over into a muffin top, or worse a bread loaf!

I agree! Not to mention they are so short, sometimes "down there hair" can show, talk about nasty! I could care less if you grow it, I just don't wanna see it!
I sent the those pics to 4 guys, two in their 20s and two in their 40s and THEY ALL said they looked ugly. I guess if looking like an old maid/grandma is what you are looking for go ahead... as for me, I wilk stick to regular jeans and mini skirts thank you.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Guess these fashions made everyone ugly and weren't attractive either huh?

They ARE flattering, since the tuckin all that fat around your lovehandles, and don't let it spill over into a muffin top, or worse a bread loaf!
You're going to like what you're going to like. There are also men out there who will defend the saggy pants look until the day that they die. Doesn't mean the majority of us have to agree with them (or you!).

Also, what looks good on MODELS and celebrities with 23 inch waists isn't what looks flattering universally.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:27 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,318 times
Good question!

I recently bought my first pair of high waist jeans, and though they look great on, I'm at a loss as to what to pair them with.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 AM

558 posts, read 1,121,066 times
Hahahahaha! I almost forgot about the snl mom jeans skit!! Todays jeans are getting lame. I cant stand all these tight ankle skinny jeans kids are wearing. Boot cut is where it's at

Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I sent the those pics to 4 guys, two in their 20s and two in their 40s and THEY ALL said they looked ugly. I guess if looking like an old maid/grandma is what you are looking for go ahead... as for me, I wilk stick to regular jeans and mini skirts thank you.
I'm a guy in his 30s and I think the styles in those photos fall between "ok" and "great".

Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 AM

571 posts, read 1,201,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Good question!

I recently bought my first pair of high waist jeans, and though they look great on, I'm at a loss as to what to pair them with.

Are yours straight leg, skinny, flare? What rinse - dark/medium?

After taking a look at some online pics (past and present) they look great with blousy blouses, fitted button downs, cropped jackets, fitted cardigans. Apparently, you are one of the lucky few that can look great in them!

Elle MacPherson looks great in hers:
Rachel Zoe on High Waist Denim for Fall | Logical Harmony

and even though I'm not a fan of Kim K's, she wears these well (love the front panel on her denim):
http://belledresshire.co.uk/wp-conte...40ls051110.jpg

Old 02-11-2014, 10:24 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
Isn't it funny how people refer to anything above hip-hugger length as "high-waisted". How about calling "hip-huggers" what they are and "high-waisted" "normal waisted". Wife said "Gees, I wore those things when I was a teenager in high school". It seems you can't find anything BUT hip-huggers and "spandex" jeans for women these days. Wife orders regular length, non-skin-tight spandex jeans from L.L. Bean because they are the only ones she knows of that still sells them. Not everyone wants sprayed-on jeans that show your a** crack!!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:35 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Are yours straight leg, skinny, flare? What rinse - dark/medium?

After taking a look at some online pics (past and present) they look great with blousy blouses, fitted button downs, cropped jackets, fitted cardigans. Apparently, you are one of the lucky few that can look great in them!

Elle MacPherson looks great in hers:
Rachel Zoe on High Waist Denim for Fall | Logical Harmony

and even though I'm not a fan of Kim K's, she wears these well (love the front panel on her denim):
http://belledresshire.co.uk/wp-conte...40ls051110.jpg
Mine are more of a flare with a dark rinse.

My legs are very long and I'm pretty lean, maybe that's why they look good. I love those looks!

I'll most likely wear them with a fitted white shirt tucked in. I also like the other idea of wearing them with a blazer to dress them up more. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty