Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Short hair on women...sexy or no?
yes 39 26.71%
no 32 21.92%
Depends 75 51.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 04:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times

Advertisements

Jennifer Lawrence Grows Out Her Pixie Into a Bob Hairstyle

I have this haircut now.Was tired of the long do.

Carmel brown with blonde highlights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,719 times
I think short hair is considered sexy right now because it's so popular with the celebs. Women tend to imitate other women, especially female celebs. It doesn't surprise me if more men would consider it hot on women.

I'm growing my own hair out, as short hair has driven me bonkers.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,329,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callendargirl View Post
I've met very few people who prefer short hair on women. Thoughts on this?
My thought? You have met very few MEN who prefer short hair on women.

Plenty of women like their own hair short and find it attractive on other women. For one thing, short hair takes years off many women's age. It's far more flattering to many faces. It's easier to take care of. it presents a more care-free attitude.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:26 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,463,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callendargirl View Post
I've met very few people who prefer short hair on women. Thoughts on this?
A lot of people I seem to know prefer the traditional long hair for women, short hair on men. Wondering what your opinions are.
I've had very long hair for 12+ years, just got it cut short the other day...and I love it!
Long hair only if it is your own hair! I think short hair looks great.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:07 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,486,909 times
I prefer long hair on women...but some do look better with short hair.

I think the girl in Pirates of the Caribbean and Domino Keira Knightly looks far better in Domino with the short hair.

Then again, if the girl is pretty and in shape it wouldn't matter too much either way....as long as her hair was long enough to still pull!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:48 PM

12 posts, read 14,995 times
Well as per my opinion mostly people think in a traditional way,whether they belong to any class,that is why they always think that long hair suits to women and short to men.but personally I like short hair for men.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:25 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,733,231 times
My hair is about halfway down my back and I cannot stand it!!!! It's thick, curly, frizzy, etc --- you name it, my hair is it!

There are times I just wash it, put in some leave-in condition, brush/shake it out and go and it looks good. However, the next day, it will look like crap and I have to wash it in order to do anything with it. I don't like to wash my hair daily ---- that does some serious damage to your hair!

There are also times when I take the flat-iron and make it straight but there's nothing I can do with it other than to just let it hang there. I'm not going to spend an hour flat-ironing, using a curling iron, etc.

I've considered getting it cut short but, to do that, you have to really be dedicated to it. You would have to wear makeup and/or earrings everyday and really keep up with the hair (styling, getting it cut every 6-8 weeks, etc). I'm not sure if I can do all that!

With all that being said, I think short hair looks very nice on some women!

Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 PM

823 posts, read 1,127,354 times
I see some women who go with short hair because they think they look good with it that way, and I also see women wearing their hair short because it's "easier" than long hair. Usually, and I'll get some negative comments, but this is how I see it, girls who are married and no longer trying to attract a man, will go the "easier" route and get a short cut.
I prefer long hair on women. I almost never give a girl with short hair a second look.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:30 PM

369 posts, read 393,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
I see some women who go with short hair because they think they look good with it that way, and I also see women wearing their hair short because it's "easier" than long hair. Usually, and I'll get some negative comments, but this is how I see it, girls who are married and no longer trying to attract a man, will go the "easier" route and get a short cut.
I prefer long hair on women. I almost never give a girl with short hair a second look.
A lot of the times it's a whole downhill slide. No makeup, frumpy old lady clothes, etc...etc...

Nearly any and all women look better with long hair. That's why heavy set gals who still CARE get all the men while the skinny minis who never wear makeup and wear old lady clothes don't get a second look.

I saw a woman at the bank Saturday that I had to look at least 10 times to determine if she was straight or not. She had short hair, no makeup, no earrings or jewelry, a t-shirt, mens jean shorts, sneakers and sport socks. That looks really bad.....in case you didn't know it.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,733,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
A lot of the times it's a whole downhill slide. No makeup, frumpy old lady clothes, etc...etc...

Nearly any and all women look better with long hair. That's why heavy set gals who still CARE get all the men while the skinny minis who never wear makeup and wear old lady clothes don't get a second look.

I saw a woman at the bank Saturday that I had to look at least 10 times to determine if she was straight or not. She had short hair, no makeup, no earrings or jewelry, a t-shirt, mens jean shorts, sneakers and sport socks. That looks really bad.....in case you didn't know it.

You can tell by "looking" to determine if someone is straight or not???

You talk about women.... what about the guys with their 15 months' pregnant beer gut hanging over their too-tight dockers worn with a belt that has to go UNDER their gut. Oh, and let's not forget the requisite polo shirt and dirty, worn out 'dress' shoes that should have been thrown out 3 years ago! And the weekly shower rather than daily.

Most men let themselves go after they get a woman to marry them and have a gaggle of kids with them; it's not just the women. The difference is, the men are stupid enough to think they still look good and the women want them when nothing could be further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty