Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times

Advertisements

Don't shave, don't need to. Been using Epilady on my legs since I was 16 years old. Wax the other areas by myself. I have been blessed with fine, sparse and light colored body hair so it's not a big task. I've never had any type of facial hair aside from my eyebrows. Are brows considered facial hair?

I only shower, hardly ever bathe - I like it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 12:16 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,692,266 times
Just got done shaving my legs and pits in the shower a few moments ago. I hate it but as long as you dont wait too long in between its not a big problem. Added bonus of looking and feeling better plus all of my clothes feeling a LOT nicer afterward.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:46 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,879,396 times
I hate it too. Mostly because I'm lazy and it takes time. What's worse is that I can't even let my facial hair grow out because it's still too patchy at 25 years old.

Down there isn't fun either. It's best to just stay on top of it by doing it every few days. Even then, navigating around the boys isn't pleasant. Does anyone have any suggestions/products for down there? I've nicked my scr0tum (yes, that is a censored word here) one too many times going with a standard beard trimmer and I won't do it with a razor.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,692,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I hate it too. Mostly because I'm lazy and it takes time. What's worse is that I can't even let my facial hair grow out because it's still too patchy at 25 years old.

Down there isn't fun either. It's best to just stay on top of it by doing it every few days. Even then, navigating around the boys isn't pleasant. Does anyone have any suggestions/products for down there? I've nicked my scr0tum (yes, that is a censored word here) one too many times going with a standard beard trimmer and I won't do it with a razor.
Coochy Cream is a wonderful product. However you must use a razor. Patience (and a steady hand) is a virtue.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:53 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,469,855 times
I have been blessed with a very dark, thick, abundant head of hair. Unfortunately, that carries through to the rest of my body. I can't go one day without shaving my legs in the summer since most of my wardrobe is skirts and dresses - even by the end of the day, if I have a date, I really need to shave my legs again because they are stubbly. I made the mistake of shaving my arms in high school and it's almost a vicious cycle - I have always had very thick, dark hair on my arms and now they grow back in straight up.

I've also had to tweeze my chin and eyebrows every day since I was 16.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:24 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,346,050 times
gel or regular shaving cream?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:44 AM

24,647 posts, read 10,980,030 times
Nature or genes blessed me with lots of very straight hair on my head and a few strays on my body - tweezers!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:05 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,962,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
As a guy, I shave my facial hair every week and my arms only during summertime every 3 weeks. I made the choice to do so and am not obliged to continue. Yes, it does feel uncomfortable if my face or arm hair is untrimmed and way too thick. Trimming from time to time helps.

I love showering though, and have a long history of spending too much time in the shower (ask anyone who has stayed over ). Nothing beats a relaxing cool shower after those rare summer days when its properly hot outside.
Your facial hair must be pretty thick after a week.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:03 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,803,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
1. If you shave (pits, pubes, legs), do you wish that you didn't have to?

2. Or have you gotten so used to it by now that it would not feel right not to?

3. What's the longest you've gone without doing it?
1. Yes, obviously, but only on the condition that I would permanently no longer have any hair at all in these areas.

2. No.

3. Well, I think that I might have gone for over a year without shaving back when I was a young teenager, specifically between the period when I first began growing hair in these places and when I first began shaving.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:39 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,401,621 times
I don't mind it one bit. It's just part of my daily bath. I never shower because I hate shaving in the shower. I can't stand stubble, even in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty