Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think women with an excessive or fatty waist are more sexually appealing than a woman with a
I am a man and I think they ARE. 6 9.52%
I am a woman and I think they ARE. 5 7.94%
I am a man and I think they ARE NOT. 34 53.97%
I am a woman and I think they ARE NOT. 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
All other things considered, a woman will most likely pick a hot, muscular guy over an out of shape one as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
That's not true. Women are more stimulated mentally and emotionally, while men are more visually stimulated than we are generally. That's not to say we don't respond to looks at all, but there's a reason you see beautiful women with average or basic looking men, even skinny slinky and heavy men. We end up going with how a man makes us feel, they go with how a woman looks makes them feel.
Yes it is. That's why they said "all other things considered". "mentally and emotionally" falls under the category of "all other things".

Old 06-12-2014, 08:58 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
...than a woman with a small waist. That's the entire poll question, and I guess the last two words fell off.

Men who date women with slim waists are less likely to have performance issues in the bedroom - regardless of age | Mail Online

This should solve the dilemma of whether excessively waisted women should lose fat to be more desirable to men, and that it is more universally beautiful to be slender and/or small waisted. True or false? Thoughts?
To address the OP: I prefer small waists, but not "slender". The two aren't necessarily mutually inclusive. You can have a small waist and not be "slender", and that's what I like.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I deleted my first response, because I thought I read it wrong, lol

I've got a tiny waist- people love it, actually.
Hourglass, w/ big hips, tiny waist & a nice, um set on top
All I get is positive feedback, actually from both sexes
So as far as the question....
I think men enjoy being able to put their arms around curves.....

Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post

I think curvaceous is way hotter than skinny.
As in Kim Kardashian curvy (which is nice)? Or Vida Guerra curvy (which is also very very nice)? Or are you talking about FAT curvy like the claim a lot of fat chicks make to make themselves feel better about their fatness?

There is NOTHING at all sexy or attractive about a woman with a big waist. Well, unless she's like a hot University gymnast where she has muscle. But other than that, large waist and large stomach on women will always be shunned and avoided when a small waist, flat stomach woman is nearby.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:25 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
It's interesting to me that according to people here, you're either slender or the Michelin Man.

I think curvaceous is way hotter than skinny.
If you're comparing curvy (which is referring to body shape) and skinny, you have the wrong definition of curvy.

By curvy you mean excess weight, in which case the proper term would be chunky/chubby or overweight/obese (depending on how extreme).

Curvy has nothing to do with being the opposite of skinny

Old 06-12-2014, 01:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
...than a woman with a small waist. That's the entire poll question, and I guess the last two words fell off.

Men who date women with slim waists are less likely to have performance issues in the bedroom - regardless of age | Mail Online

This should solve the dilemma of whether excessively waisted women should lose fat to be more desirable to men, and that it is more universally beautiful to be slender and/or small waisted. True or false? Thoughts?
This is ridiculous. It's not about slim waists. I know lots of slim-waisted women who never get any interest from men. It's about boobs, not waists.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Im an "excessively waisted" woman, always have been, even at my skinniest my waist measurement was that of a fatty.

Genetics.

And yes, my rellies have traditionally croaked from heart disease. Sod hoppers one and all, built low to the ground and sturdy the better to walk under the livestock.

Disappointing that you can get your body fat ratio down to about 20 and you're STILL technically obese just because you're thick waisted by design.

My niece asked me if it was true we were born with an EXTRA RIB. I don't know....?

I'm doomed to be a failure in the sack too now.

Maybe I should pay a surgeon to suck craters out of my waist in a desperate attempt to beat my genetic curse? Get a few ribs removed, I don't need them anyway, and therefore become a much better man pleaser?

Or shall I just relax, walk, sing, dance, eat, love, shop and enjoy my life and ignore the stats?

Yeah that.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:09 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post
Oh it's a good thing you've come along to educate us all about what all us hetero women *actually* want!! Here I was all these years lusting after the tall, nordic-looking, well-framed, swimmer-build types like Christian Bale and Brad Pitt but I must have been hallucinating my own desires!!! Now I see the light!

I've learned something new here today Yiuppy, thanks for this.
Well I think women (in general) treat things a little bit differently. We might think the hot guy is "eye candy." But it doesn't automatically mean we want a relationship, sexual or otherwise with him. Generally it takes us to perceive a man as attractive and have a connection with him in order to want a relationship of any form. It isn't enough for him to be nice to look at alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Maybe it's because usually, fatter men (generally) tend to date fatter women than thinner or more fit guys do, and fatter men are more likely to have physical problems including erectile disfunction.
Not so sure if it works that way directly. I would say, from my own vantage point "fatter men" are rarely hit on me or even interested. It is generally "average" men or "fit guys." Occasionally skinny ones. And FYI, I am not "skinny."

Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
Quote:

my problem with the title is the wording 'the slimmer a woman's waist..."

to what point? you say that to insecure women and they think there is no limit, they think skinny as humanly possible.

It's not "as slim as humanly possible" its that excessive fat and excessive underweight are not attractive.

unless you are really suggesting that no body fat at all and anorexia is attractive.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:21 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is ridiculous. It's not about slim waists. I know lots of slim-waisted women who never get any interest from men. It's about boobs, not waists.

a lot of truth to that, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty