Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:44 AM

14 posts, read 12,853 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I’ve been thinking of buying a new wallet that suits my style (usually i wear dark suits) because my trifold is too big and not modern.

So, i decided to ask you guys: What wallets do you have? Does anyone have an exotic skin wallet? If so, does it need any special treatment?

My GF wanted buy me a shark or croc wallet but i don’t know if it will suit me. Does anybody have this kind of wallet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:24 AM

4,213 posts, read 6,901,334 times
my wallet is similar to this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2000156...home_active_13

Because it is made out of commercial roofing material, it is super thin (way thinner than any bulky skin or faux skin), lightweight, strong, semi-liquid resistant, and a reasonable price. I've had it for a couple years and love it.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:30 AM

187 posts, read 195,131 times
I use a money/CC clip similar to this. I carry this in my suit inside breast pocket during work and in my front pockets of my jeans, pants or shorts during my time off. Bulky wallets are annoying

Old 09-16-2014, 09:32 AM

4,213 posts, read 6,901,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
Bulky wallets are annoying

Truth. Also bad for your back if you are sitting on them all day. These days (access to so much electronically) it's pretty easy to carry around a very lightly-loaded wallet or money clip. I don't carry much with me.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:56 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
I spend a lot of time agonizing over this very issue. The factors include capacity, thickness, weight, materials.

Here's the wallet I have now. I realized from looking for it on Amazon that I bought it five years ago, so I shouldn't feel bad that it's starting to seem worn out.
Amazon.com: MW1529CFBD Mens Womens Leather Credit Card Holder 7" x 4" Burgundy Wallet: Shoes#

I seem to always have a lot of cards that I'm carrying, and not a lot else. I try to reduce the number (by, for example, converting all my buyers' club cards into digital form in an app called KeyRing on my phone. What with a couple of credit cards, a debit card, insurance card and driver's license, and some gas cards I'm still stuck with a lot. Because I want to get to a wallet that's not too thick I am going with the longer version above: by spreading the cards out they're not all stacked up, so I don't have the full thickness of all the cards I'm carrying.

Because of thickness issues I completely avoid trifolds and even a conventional billfold is generally too thick.

I recall that years ago we were being warned against buying sharkskin wallets because something in the processing left a magnetic charge that could interfere with or erase the information on the credit cards' magnetic strip. I don't know if that's still an issue, but I would want to check that out.

Finally, I agree with the advice about not sitting on a thick wallet. One of the reasons I like the long, thin wallet is so that it will fit in my jacket pocket. Nevertheless, I pretty much never keep my wallet in my pocket. Whether I'm in the car, at the office, or at home I get the wallet out pretty fast and put it somewhere.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:57 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,585 times
Just don't carry *this* kind of wallet!

George Costanza's Wallet Problem - YouTube

Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
I have a wallet with the chain on it. It was a gift. i really like the chain part, but have to take it out of my pocket when sitting, it is like sitting on a rock.

It is tri fold.

I actually hate everything about it. I don't want to hurt my partners feelings for giving it to me as a gift.

Fortunetely I dress casual to work, so it is ok, wouldn't wear it with a suit, that would be a no-no.

I do want to get a half fold really soft wallet soon...........but not soon enough.

He said the lady in the store said it is good leather and will last me a lifetime.
sooooooooooo not what I wanted to hear.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:44 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,364,964 times
Silver Money clip for the bills and receipts

Credit card wallet for cards, drivers licenses, etc. something similar to

Reed Leather Credit Card Holder - JackSpade

Both go into separate front pockets, weather its a suit pant, khakis or jeans.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
I am surprised people still carry wallets.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:11 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,572 times
Another in the less is more group. I've been carrying a Saddleback Front Pocket ID wallet. Holds a few cards, has a place for your license, and you can keep some cash in it as well. Small enough to carry comfortably in your front pocket.

Only you can answer whether it suits your style.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty