Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:48 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times

Advertisements

I've noticed this a lot more as of late. It seems like women that have a big chest disproportionately have flat bottoms, and women that have large bottoms disproportionately have small chests. When I say large bottoms, I don't mean wide. I mean the ones that stick out. Think (kim kardashian). Rarely will you ever see a woman with a large natural chest and a bubble butt. It's almost as if the estrogen goes to one place or the other. We all know someone that is an exception to this rule, but as a collective whole this is typically the case. I wonder if there is any science behind this. Does anyone know of any studies that have been done on this subject?

Last edited by lucky4life; 12-28-2014 at 11:57 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 03:50 AM

459 posts, read 768,508 times
neither of those are curves though... I wouldn't consider myself ever curvy and when I'm at my heaviest 110 I have a bigger butt (think Britney Spears/jessica biels) and huge boobs (think like sofia vergara) but small hips and shoulders. What creates actual curves are having wide hips and broad shoulders with a narrow waistline. The boobs and butt don't have to do with that.

Last edited by justawkward11; 12-29-2014 at 04:30 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 06:14 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
. When I say large bottoms, I don't mean wide. I mean the ones that stick out. Think (kim kardashian).
Then you are not talking about curves.....

and it's waist.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:11 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Then you are not talking about curves.....

and it's waist.
Yeah. And in the case of Kardashians, Spears, et.al., the "waste" is above the neck.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:21 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I've noticed this a lot more as of late. It seems like women that have a big chest disproportionately have flat bottoms, and women that have large bottoms disproportionately have small chests. When I say large bottoms, I don't mean wide. I mean the ones that stick out. Think (kim kardashian). Rarely will you ever see a woman with a large natural chest and a bubble butt. It's almost as if the estrogen goes to one place or the other. We all know someone that is an exception to this rule, but as a collective whole this is typically the case. I wonder if there is any science behind this. Does anyone know of any studies that have been done on this subject?
Then I'm one of the exceptions Finding clothes that fit me is a witch. Combine this description with the fact that I'm quite short and everything has to be hemmed or customized in one way or another.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Yeah. And in the case of Kardashians, Spears, et.al., the "waste" is above the neck.
Kim's naturally pretty that's why her daughter's so beautiful.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Then I'm one of the exceptions Finding clothes that fit me is a witch. Combine this description with the fact that I'm quite short and everything has to be hemmed or customized in one way or another.
Wow we're opposites. When I got big boobs and a butt it helped me fit clothing better because I'm usually a lot smaller than average and I'm short.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:27 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
neither of those are curves though... I wouldn't consider myself ever curvy and when I'm at my heaviest 110 I have a bigger butt (think Britney Spears/jessica biels) and huge boobs (think like sofia vergara) but small hips and shoulders. What creates actual curves are having wide hips and broad shoulders with a narrow waistline. The boobs and butt don't have to do with that.
I agree, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe it without sounding like a perve. If I would have put "why do women rarely have big boobs and a bubble-butt" as my headline, I think this thread would have been deleted.

Anyways, as one of those rare women that has both, don't you find it odd that having one of these assets is typically a curse on the other one. A D cup or above is almost a guarantee that a woman won't have a round athletic butt. Women that get the big athletic bottoms aren't always flat chested, but they rarely have a large chest. There has to be something more to this than just luck of the draw.

Also, I am referring to white women. I live in a really white area, so I don't have to the opportunity to check out women of other races, particularly black women, which are known for having great butts.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:56 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
As someone pointed out above,large breasts/and butt do not equal curvy.

Do not believe me? Check out Serena Williams...she is curvy from the side,but from the front she is straight up and down.

There is another celeb who has a small waist,but she does not have big huge boobs/butt..
Jennifer Love Hewitt comes to mind.

The only thing that determines curvy is a small waist.
Without that,the woman is just a banana with big proportions.

To get an idea of curvy,think the 30's to 60's.
Betty Brosmer,Mae West,etc

Did they have huge boobs and butts? No

Old 12-29-2014, 10:28 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Is there a waist cutoff size for curvy until it is considered fat? I mean, if a woman has a 25" waist with 36 hips and bust, wouldn't she be curvy?

What about a woman with a 34" waist with like a 44" hips and 40" bust? Is that how some very overweight women get away with using the term "curvy"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty