Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 11:36 PM

459 posts, read 768,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm going by her stated measurements online. The site you linked gives 34-23-33 as her measurements.

Her boobs aren't natural, anyway. She has implants. All three women you've given as examples of a Barbie-type figure have implants.

Cheryl Cole is famous British singer and TV personality with incredible body measurements. She wears large 34C bra size. But her big bust isn’t natural. Cheryl has breast implants.
Cheryl Cole | Body Measurements

There's not much evidence proving she has implants. Just because joe blow says she has implants doesn't mean she has them. She has said several times they're natural and they look natural.

And if you knew anything about bra sizes you'd know a 34C is 37" not 34. 34 is just the band size.

I think you need to do research before you talk about stuff before you start talking about something you know of. As right now you're just posting and showing how incorrect you. As you don't even know how bra sizes work.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:44 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
There's not much evidence proving she has implants. Just because joe blow says she has implants doesn't mean she has them. She has said several times they're natural and they look natural.

And if you knew anything about bra sizes you'd know a 34C is 37" not 34. 34 is just the band size.

I think you need to do research before you talk about stuff before you start talking about something you know of. As right now you're just posting and showing how incorrect you. As you don't even know how bra sizes work.
Sorry, I got her measurement info from the same site you linked. If you feel the info they give is incorrect, find a better source to link.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry, I got her measurement info from the same site you linked. If you feel the info they give is incorrect, find a better source to link.
No you should be able to see if her bust is a 34C it means she's 37".

And you know very well that I posted the link you tried to use to prove she has implants when there was no explanation saying that she has.

Also she's been accused of having a reduction as well. Like I said if one is that gullible to be tricked by undergarment she's wearing they obviously can't realistically figure out if she has implants. That's just my opinion on the sources that say she has implants off of basically nothing.

Also I came across this when I looked up vikki blows.

"Miami plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Salzhauer says, “Vikki Blows certainly had her breasts enhanced with breast implants. Although they are some-what small, her areolas (nipple area) are in the upper third of her breasts and pointing up. That is a very revealing sign of a cosmetic breast enhancement.”"

This exactly is how my nipples are placed and My nipples face the ceiling practically. I would think that's a sign of just being young.

I just thought that was a cool thing I found. I'm not saying she's real or fake but sometimes real and fake boobs can look quite similar especially without seeing a person completely topless.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
People can contort their bodies into all sorts of shapes with devices, specialty garments, surgeries, etc. but that doesn't make anything "realistic".

There are many body oddities and someone, somewhere could naturally look like that, but I'm not sure even then it would be "realistic" since it would be incredibly rare.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Uh, I'll stay out of the main part of the discussion, but regular medical-grade corseting can permanently (and possibly safely) change the body shape, at least for some probably young women, e.g., Dita von Teese and Dr. Rachel (of the The Doctors TV show). But apparently it doesn't last for others -> Corseting for permanent waist reduction « Skirting The Issue
But the fact that it sometimes works would help explain why Barbie dolls might not have been considered freakish when, with corseting a recent memory, they became popular.
Thanks for the link. I agree . That was basically my main point throughout this thread. That it may have been seen as not as far fetched as it is in this day and age.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People can contort their bodies into all sorts of shapes with devices, specialty garments, surgeries, etc. but that doesn't make anything "realistic".

There are many body oddities and someone, somewhere could naturally look like that, but I'm not sure even then it would be "realistic" since it would be incredibly rare.
If someone was this shape without a corset or waist training I'd consider it their reality but not most other women's.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:41 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
As for Barbie's weird ribs, I think that actually was a clumsy attempt at realism. I've suspected for a while that prominent ribs are often found on people with very v-shaped, low-fat upper bodies.
large ribcage anyone?

Old 01-05-2015, 05:28 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I don't get it. Her figure is typical for a woman who wears a corset. She was created a while ago when corsets were more popular. If you add 6 inches to her waist it's around 36-22-33 which is pretty typical for a skinny woman. Women generally used to wear corsets so why is it wrong for a doll to mirror that image?
To answer your title: because people cannot stop eating, and no longer fit into those measurements resorting to bad mouth them instead. I had 3 kids and I am 128lbs/5.3 tall! The blood pressure machine at my grocery store told me I was "normal" when I was 138lbs which I found abysmal for my height. I actually still have about 8lbs to loose so I can feel normal for my height. So right there something's wrong with our society to tell me that when i was this ginormous thing I was considered "normal". That's not normal for someone small. There are several Victoria's Secret models who look like Barbie's: Get to know the Victoria?s Secret Supermodels at VS All Access They were born like that, so GENETICS exist and work differently for various people. My family is not overweight, never been overweight either. It's like you won't expect Michael Jordan's kids to be 5.0 feet tall! I don't think Barbie's represent women who wore corsets necessarily, because I have a waist naturally and I never wore a corset in my life!

However, if you look back in history, and see what women used to look like and wear, you'd realize that barbies measurements are not unrealistic at all. Women in the 50's didn't wear corsets as often as those in the 1600's! Barbie is a MODEL doll, not a representative for the obese who cannot stop eating. Barbie was born in 1959; have you seen what women used to look like then? I gasp when I see teens(without kids) three times my size these days!
Quote:
Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy-company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.
Barbie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In my opinion this is all due to bad misguided parenting. I don't force my kids to finish a plate, nor am I making that plate big enough to feed an elephant. (Aside from pharmaceuticals that treat one thing, and have other harmful side effects like weight gain, and all the garbage that's being put in our food to make us addicted to it). What's worst, is that women/girls today have zero posture. They slouch, and don't walk with confidence at all. Girls today are taught to wear pajamas and zero make up because apparently "the beauty inside" matters more; it doesn't. Nobody is teaching these girls to walk appropriately, and sit appropriately with what they're wearing anymore, and that reverts back to parenting. The minimum wage daycare worker will not teach your child, be it boy or girl, how to walk and present themselves with confidence to society. We see obese children at Disney all the time, and I want to sue those parents for abuse; because it is abusive to someone's confidence to shove food down their throats like its no tomorrow, and then VERY hypocritical to tell them "the beauty is on the inside"! People at first glance do not see your inside, nor care about it.

To make a stink about Barbie, and wearing make up, and complain that celebrities are photoshopped and all that garbage is wrong, and hypocritical. Look in the mirror and ask yourself WHY you look the way you do before bad mouthing those who do not have a need to eat everything in a store, and use a gym regularly, or some other form of exercising. Or those who do see fit to wear make up(with moderation) at work etc. I've heard of people complaining about women wearing make up and bringing cupcakes to work! What kind of person complains about that?

There is nothing wrong with Barbie; my daughter has like 15 of them, and she knows Barbie is a fashion model, she has many outfits, and doesn't think she should look like Barbie, nor make her some kind of an ideal for living, but that is because I am here to explain things if she asks. Barbie is a doll. If people don't know how to play with dolls anymore, then we have bigger problem in our hands as a society.

FYI: ALL women are born with a waist line. Unfortunately, some have theirs ruined by reckless parents, and some other ones by medication. Women need to remember that what they look like is a reflection of their own choices. You cannot be upset with Jane Fonda because she looks awesome/Barbie like at 77; she didn't spend her life eating recklessly. My suggestion is that you stop reading garbage in magazines, and find what works for you food wise, exercise wise, make up wise, and stop promoting this victim look; it's pathetic and disgusting and serves no purpose for you or future generations.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:39 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Why are barbie's measurements considered unrealistic? "

That's simple.... because they are.
No one looks like that without surgery.
This. Thanks to whoever posted the link with the pic of the papier mache thing illustrating what a Barbie proportioned human would look like. That mannequin was pretty creepy looking

Old 01-05-2015, 05:41 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
A newborn baby girl has a waist line? That's news to me! Babies have pot bellies. Until the onset of puberty, girls and boys of normal weight have very similar shapes. In any case, there's so much body hatred going on in this thread, it's hard to know where to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.