Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:53 PM

36 posts, read 37,659 times

Advertisements

This thread makes me feel like I must be some kind of freak. I find my heels so intensely comfortable and wear them pretty much all day long. Sure, if I'm walking non-stop they'll start to ache, but I think a majority of folks would agree to that in flat shoes as well. I haven't been wearing them for very long, maybe 2-3 years, and I don't wear stupidly high stilettos either. I get the feeling people seem to think high heels come in 4 inch, super thin heel type only and are forgetting about the huge variety of shoes that exist. In any case, at my last vacation I decided to wear flat shoes since I thought they'd be more "practical" and I ended up pulling a calf muscle so badly I had to get a wheelchair for the rest of the trip. So much for their supposed comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 01:47 PM

303 posts, read 540,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As a distance runner I've had to read a lot about footwear and their health effects. High heels are clearly an abomination. You might remember that I did a thread about this recently. Normally I would say that people have the right to wear whatever shoes they want, but in this era of collective health care, some sacrifices are in order. It may well be time to ban the high heel. The more I read, the more I like the minimalist/barefoot approach. Indoors, we are frankly better off barefoot (females pregnant as well) as opposed to clod in clunky, constraining shoes and boots. I run a few miles barefoot every week on the treadmill, and my feet have never felt better. The human foot evolved over millions of years to go unshod.
I'm with you on this! As a runner, you pay a lot of attention to shoes and your feet. I love outdoor barefoot runs but mostly I wear my Nikes because I lost my reliable barefoot track when I moved. Despite being just barely five feet tall, I've never been a heels girl. I don't know, I just could never find a comfortable pair. Now that I'm seeing women like my mother and aunts (who have been wearing heels to work for decades) develop absolutely horrendous feet issues, I'm confident that I didn't miss anything with heels. I have one solid black pair of heels for like funerals, super-dressy dinners, that sort of thing. I wear them maybe 5-7 times a year and that's more than enough for me. You'll find me in stable, comfortable shoes every other day.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:55 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I a diabetic and go barefoot as much as possible. I have no neuropathy or any issues, so I feel safe doing so. Going barefoot has done more for my feet than any shoes ever have. Unbelievable improvement actually. I especially love walking barefoot on the beach.
Just want to add that diabetics are warned not to go barefoot simply because they can't feel if they have neuropathy. Diabetes slows down and greatly interferes with any kind of healing all over the body. The reason why you see so many diabetics with amputations of the feet or toes is because even the slightest infection can turn into a life or limb threatening issue.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:44 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Psychologically speaking, women probably wear high heels in order to fight nature, i.e. the fact that on average men are taller than women, sexual dimorphism

Old 09-17-2015, 05:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Another reminder.

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVid...3713454436195/

Old 09-18-2015, 01:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
I see nothing wrong with high heels I like to see women in high heels. Only people who dislike high heels see something wrong with them.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
They are no good for women's feet, that's what's wrong with them...

Old 09-18-2015, 02:02 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I wonder why so many men prefer this looks with heels = damaged body. What is to admire in damaged body?
They make a woman's legs and butt look amazing, not "damaged".

I find corsets look sexy on women as well. Yes, I understand the damage the constant constriction can cause, but that doesn't stop making a woman look hot as all hell when she wears one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty