Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 10:49 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Aren't you in a relationship, orlando? While I firmly believe that everyone looks whether or not they're happily attached, and that, to a certain extent, it's perfectly healthy and natural to do so, you do seem to spend more time than the average person checking out other people.

Just an observation...
Yes, you observe right. I am evil I can't help it. Beautiful women are my weakness always have and always will. Nothing messes my head up more that attractive women dressed nicely. Sometimes I wished I could sbut myself off. I once said being a man was hard because of how some of us are wired. You have no idea bow hard it is being me. I have however been able to contain and suppress that part of me but it is not fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 10:59 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, certainly "most people" do not wear them, considering fifty percent of "most people" are men and most women still have sense of propriety.

However, I work in a Fortune 50 company, and I've seen young women (and not so young women) wear exactly this kind of thing in to the office (generally people working in the call center). This is a company that's actually well-known for its conservatism, and up to about 10 years ago still required suit-and-tie for men and skirts and closed shoes for women. Back in the 60s, nobody in this company wore miniskirts or other revealing clothing--ever. But these days, they risk lawsuits for criticizing anyone's "lifestyle choice."
Yeah, it's fairly clear that some places fear clothing-related lawsuits. In fact, there have been some, but I'm not sure any have been about pure exposure but rather about vague situations involving tight clothing, for example. Companies, schools, etc., can and in my opinion should issue dress codes including precisely what is unacceptable, probably with a formal warning system. I do think weakening of work and school dress codes has contributed to the flesh-fest we see today.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:27 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodoven View Post
As far as I'm concerned, "form-fitting" is definitely revealing. One needn't see skin to envision what the whole picture would look like. I'm not sure women really understand what they're doing when they wear leggings. Think in terms of painted-on pants.
But, OP, when they wear skirts, you're seeing their legs without the leggings. I guess your objection is that they're not wearing a long tunic with the leggings, they're wearing the leggings as pants?

Old 08-01-2015, 12:15 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
As long as I can flaunt my wares alongside, there is no problem. And I won't comment on her body till she says mine look hot.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:18 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
I take offense at the wording "flaunt their wares". Sure some women (and men!) dress to impress...but lots dress for themselves for for comfort. To say they are flaunting their wares sounds like they are aiming to sell something, as in their body and that's a crappy attitude for other to have. Also dangerous as it sounds like YOU (the observer) can "partake" of whatever you want and it's not even intended for you!

....but by all means, ogle as much as you can get away with while complaining all the while of those flaunting it that don't meet your requirements. ....

Old 08-01-2015, 12:34 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
It's awesome to be human. Animals are out "flaunting their wares" all over the streets. Heck, I saw a dog today, walking around on the sidewalk all pantsless! He did have a bow tie on, however, which was weird. He must have been on his way to a formal event.

As long as people have sex drives, there will be those who dress in a manner that they feel might attract the opposite sex. Some people are comfortable showing their skin or shapes and yet, it doesn't mean that they're issuing an invitation for sex. Assumptions based on apparel never end up with good results. Sometimes people just have a different set of ideas about what constitutes "fashion."

Old 08-01-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
It's awesome to be human. Animals are out "flaunting their wares" all over the streets. Heck, I saw a dog today, walking around on the sidewalk all pantsless! He did have a bow tie on, however, which was weird. He must have been on his way to a formal event.

As long as people have sex drives, there will be those who dress in a manner that they feel might attract the opposite sex. Some people are comfortable showing their skin or shapes and yet, it doesn't mean that they're issuing an invitation for sex. Assumptions based on apparel never end up with good results. Sometimes people just have a different set of ideas about what constitutes "fashion."
Lets say a guy walks up to you at the park and asks "You have nice shoulders, whats your workout routine like ?"

Is that a particularly offensive.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Lets say a guy walks up to you at the park and asks "You have nice shoulders, whats your workout routine like ?"

Is that a particularly offensive.

It wouldn't offend me, personally, because it's a question that could easily be asked of anyone.
If some stranger walked up to me and said, "Hey, I like your short skirt, let's go back to my place," I'd be offended because they were making an assumption about me based on my apparel.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
It wouldn't offend me, personally, because it's a question that could easily be asked of anyone.
If some stranger walked up to me and said, "Hey, I like your short skirt, let's go back to my place," I'd be offended because they were making an assumption about me based on my apparel.
Yeah, it takes some guts to make comments like that.

I wonder, why don't women ever compliment men on what they wear. Does making a man smile in appreciation make you feel odd

Old 08-01-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yeah, it takes some guts to make comments like that.

I wonder, why don't women ever compliment men on what they wear. Does making a man smile in appreciation make you feel odd
I do compliment men on what they wear. Not usually strange men, however. Since even just friendliness is sometimes misconstrued as flirtation, I usually choose not to enter through that door. But, men I know? Sure! I've complimented my son's roommate on his socks, even. I don't say it in a salacious way, though... no winks or raised eyebrows. I just say it like a normal human who has a deep appreciation for socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty