Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:11 PM

75 posts, read 88,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
There are socks that "disappear" when you put your shoes on. Get 'em.
Already have 'em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's fine. When you're wearing casual clothing in the summer, sandals are perfectly acceptable.
Okay that is something I have debated. Any particular type of sandals that a guy should wear (or avoid)? Not sure the one she picked out are ideal although they are comfortable.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
This type of 'take it all off' thinking is very urban. It's for people who walk on carpeting, yachts or manicured lawns; people who can jump into the shower the second their feet get sweaty. Like most men, my feet take me into my truck, over to my compost pile, up and down stairs, out to the trash barrels, into mud and dust, and raking out the chicken coops. I am not urban. I'd be nursing stubbed toes if I walked around in sandals. Do what you feel comfortable with.
I've also heard that urban areas like big cities are bad places to wear sandals since the sidewalks are dirty, etc. Maybe it's more of a suburban trend?

Old 08-26-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Maybe she thinks you have nice feet for a guy or something, and want you to shoe them off.
She has said that they look good for a guy.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Barefoot?
All the time?
As in...walking around on pavement, and on grass and other surfaces without benefit of any foot covering?

Unless she thoroughly scrubs her feet with a brush, hot water, and lots of soap before getting into bed, then she is a filthy pig, and you should point out her poor hygiene habits to her.

No, no. Barefoot at home and flip flops or sandals everywhere else (except working out and things like that).

Old 08-26-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I can't STAND to see a grown man in flip-flops. So sloppy looking. Going to the beach or pool, fine. For anything else, put some real shoes on. Sandals, maybe, if they have lots of coverage, but not WITH socks.

If the socks are too hot, how about a pair of canvas or leather dock siders/boat shoes? You don't have to wear these with socks, and the canvas is breathable and cool. These look good on men in the summer, in my opinion.
Not really a boat shoe or loafer kind of guy. Maybe canvas, might have to look into that. I do have Nike Roshes which are close but kinda odd looking. Those are more comfortable with socks tho.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:20 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
No man's feet look ""great". Gangley, hairy toes, forget it. And a Pedicure? Seriously? Talk about whipped.
My husband decided, with no prompting from me, to get the occasional pedicure when he got older. Toenails get thicker and just don't look that good without taming. He was a very manly man.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree with your girlfriend - with loafers, canvass sneakers, or boat shoes - the types of shoes worn by most men in warmer weather - NO SOCKS!

And please - no tan line.

I'm not a fan of clunky brown sandals on men. There are some OK looking "thong" style sandals available - in canvass and leather. But please guys - groom your feet.
And, if you do not have elegant feet - pass on the sandal.
I have to work on that tan line. Mine are a little clunky, that's only because I refused the first pair she suggested I to buy (thong style). Maybe I should have just went with them, they do seem to be more "stylish".

Old 08-26-2015, 10:48 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max8624 View Post
Okay that is something I have debated. Any particular type of sandals that a guy should wear (or avoid)? Not sure the one she picked out are ideal although they are comfortable.
It depends on your age. Young guys who wear socks and shoes most of the time have pretty nice looking feet. My husband wore leather thong sandals in very casual situations (yard party), Tivas when his feet were going to get wet, and something with a bit more coverage on the street.

Guys have feet. I'm not sure why they're supposed to hide them.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 AM

299 posts, read 377,888 times
Do not wear socks with sandals.. It looks stupid. I live in Florida and were flip flops most of the time. I do wear socks in my house, because my feet get cold. When you wear tennis shoes, get the low cut socks.

A podiatrist friend of mine always wears shoes and never flip flops or sandals and recommends everyone do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty