Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:42 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Wearing underwear that is 3 sizes to small is going to look like "pure crap" even while wearing jeans.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7225/7...26daab1465.jpg
http://radaronline.com/wp-content/up...ght-jeans.jpeg
Actually it's the poor fit of both. Jeans, while they can certainly look bad, will pretty much ALWAYS be an improvement over stretchy yoga-type pants, on people with unattractive rear ends. The fabric is thicker, so there is much less of a bulgy bumpy mess. Of course if women would stop thinking that their fat asses look good in anything, and that no one minds seeing their disgusting blob of a rear, then none of this would matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 10:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
These are two examples of yoga-style pants that people wear to work and in other non-yoga settings:

[URL]https://www.betabrand.com/collections/dress-pant-yoga-pants-collection.html[/URL]

[URL="http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-starfish-pants/id_219545?sku_0=::BLA"]Women's Starfish Pants from Lands' End[/URL]
Workplace yoga pants. Now that's a line in the sand that even I won't cross. Not even on Casual Friday.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:39 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Strange, because I see still see skinny jeans everywhere. A very common outfit for teen girls here involves blue skinny jeans, white shirt and leather jackets.. incredibly common actually.

A lot of people do wear joggers though - particularly from Adidas.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:44 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,224,362 times
wemon can wear yoga pants, spandex but they must be given permission by the opposite sex first if you a large person.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:48 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
The backlash against yoga pants and leggings on this thread has been so surprising to me! I adore both, and have a hard time envisioning why anyone would choose jeans over them ON A REGULAR BASIS. Jeans definitely have their place, but I usually can't WAIT to take them off! Why are so many people eschewing comfort?!
I find jeans to be very comfortable. I don't wear skinny jeans. I buy jeans that actually fit me. I don't try squeezing in a cookie sheet when only a muffin top will fit.....get what I'm saying?

Now bras on the other hand.....OMG! EVIL EVIL EVIL torture devices that only someone who hates breasts would ever force upon women!

Old 10-14-2015, 12:58 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There is no way yoga pants can be dressed up, they are still yoga pants and as bad as wearing pajamas to the market.

This.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:13 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
These are two examples of yoga-style pants that people wear to work and in other non-yoga settings:

https://www.betabrand.com/collection...ollection.html

Women's Starfish Pants from Lands' End

Those aren't "yoga pants" no matter what the manufacturer calls them. When did you ever see yoga pants with belt loops?

They're just trying to cash in on name recognition or the assumed comfort associated with "yoga pants". Further, stretchy dress pants for women are not a new thing.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:29 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
How can stretch leggings be dressed up? By wearing a little black dress over it?

Yoga is such a misnomer for what the attire is.

Yoga pants are supposed to be wide leg, roomy, white cotton sort of "zen" wear, not the skin tight look.
Stretch leggings? You mean long tight underwear. Cover up ladies. Your parts are showing.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:28 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomoley View Post
Here's a recent thread on this topic: Jeans vs Athleisure

Absolutely applies to me (though I'm not a teen); I've never found jeans to be comfortable, yoga pants are considerably more comfy and easier to dress up/down depending on the rest of the outfit, for me, personally.
Yes. "athleisure" is comfortable. Nice to get in to after work.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:41 PM

347 posts, read 282,524 times
Athleisure is the most depressing trend ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty